1956 tbird steering

Guest robert

Guest robert

i have an issue only when i turn left with power steering .  . As i turn from left  from 12 olock to ten oclock  the steering wheel is smooth-no problem.But after that the steering wheel has no  grab on turning until 8 oclock and pulls hard to the left like the power steering ram just got activated. do u think its my power steering control valve or my steering box. any suggestions thx

You really need to sign up as a forum member so you will have access to all of the other forums. This forum is the forum software questions forum. It allows guests to post in case someone is having trouble registering on the forums. You are unlikely to find anyone who reads this particular forum who can answer your question. Please register as a forum user and ask your question again in the correct forum. 

• 3 weeks later...

Robert,

Disconnect your pitman arm from the control valve, then try to turn the steering wheel again. Have someone watch the sector shaft.

My guess is there is an internal problem with your steering gear. When you turn the input shaft the output shaft should keep turning. If it stops turning and starts again even though you're continuing to turn the input then your gear is in trouble.

Let me know what you find out.