For Sale - 1931 Model A Town Sedan

My 1931 Murray Body Slant Windshield Town Sedan is for sale. I purchased the car in 2010. This car was first restored in the 1970’s. The frame, underside of the fenders, etc. were painted in the original restoration.   In 2013 I had the engine and transmission professionally rebuilt by Tom Stewart at Flathead Fords, Churchville NY. Tom also installed a new radiator and a clutch, removed, cleaned and sealed the gas tank, rebuilt the steering box and replaced the wiring harness. At that time the odometer read 77,065 miles.

Since then the replacement running boards were removed and the underside painted. New Lucas black wall tires were mounted. The interior cowl panels have been replaced. Front wheel bearings have been replaced. New engine splash pans have been installed.  As of today, the odometer reads 78,087 miles.

The car is quite presentable the way it is, but if you wanted to make it even prettier you could repaint the front fenders and replace the splash aprons. A new set of Mac’s splash aprons, already finish painted, will be included with the sale of the car. The car does not have shock absorbers, and the exhaust system is fine.

The soft top is fine, as is the mohair interior, which was replaced during the original restoration.

If you want a driver, I don’t think you’ll find one in better mechanical condition. A Les Andrews Model A Shop Manual and a reprint Ford Owner’s manual are included. Turn the key, press the starter and go! Offered at $14,900, the car is located in Rochester NY Phone 585 721 6559 email: jscanlon48@aol.com

model A april 2016 001.JPG

model A april 2016 004.JPG

model A april 2016 007.JPG

model A april 2016 014.JPG

• 2 weeks later...