nick8086

What is my car worth?

The color on the car  is a luminous lavender rose hue or pink..

The cars I own have been sitting for 25 years .. I not sure the last time he ran this car..

Would you tow a 26 ft car trailer with this car?? 

towcar.JPG

Edited by nick8086 (see edit history)

Buick is also the wrong year. That is a 60 and was toned down a bit from '59.

and OTOH:

whitechristmas.jpg

Would I tow a 26' car trailer with that car ?   Uh , maybe if it was empty for a short distance at slow speed. But that is just about it. I wonder what it is set up to tow ?  -  Carl

The Buick looks like a really nice car.  There is certainly a bit of difference between that and the subject of this thread.

Well the recent discussion was about the color & for me the right white can be striking (and good in a hot climate). This is the "general discussion".

ps I towed a 26' tandem trailer with a GM A-body and low compression 400 over 1,000 miles with the goat on board. Even kept it under 200F crossing Monteagle in July. Of course that was before I knew I couldn't.

Edited by padgett (see edit history)

Well! That was my laugh for the morning. And that was the ballroom floor for an alumni dinner before the furniture was brought in.

Ever notice how some writing can just flow with all the right words.. Oh, and I have the original bill of sale and canceled check. The car was purchased in February, 1961 at $1,000 under the calculated MSRP. I bet they said "Phew, that white albatross is finally gone!"

White cars; I mainly bought it to sell the front clip and part the rest...... 15 years ago.

Bernie

Nick8086,

Is this the engine from this Chrysler?  It's your post and the correct period engine.

I saved the motor.. I not sure if it the correct one..  If I know dad .. The cost to fix it or just put a good motor in the car. He would go for the cheap..