Rubber bumpers for door wiring loom boots 64' Riviera

Mozzie

Hi all, I'm after the rubber bumpers that fit the wiring loom boots/covers on a 64 Riviera.

This is the rubber cover that fits over the wiring loom between the door and door jam. It's held together with small rubber bumpers. These are almost impossible to remove without breaking. Lots of people sell these in all shapes and sizes. Mr G's being one of them. However no one seems to have the right size for this application. I'm sure they're out there but the problem is trying to find the right one is like a needle in a haystack.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Are you talking about the 4 buttons that attach the loom cover to the door? If so, I just replaced some that were missing on my car. I found some in my stash. I know I just picked them up at one of the local auto parts stores years ago. They worked just fine. I have 2 sizes and I am not sure which size I actually used. They both have a head size of 13/32" and one has a top to bottom length of 11/32" and the other has a length of 15/32". I hope this is the info you are looking for.

Bill 

P5061110.JPGP5061111.JPG

• Like 1

Thanks Bill. What I was after is actually the pull through grommets (also known as bumper rubbers as that's what they are often used for) used to hold the boot itself together. I didn't have any photos at the time as my camera batteries were all flat. I don't have one of those smart phones...

What I eventually found was not quite the right part but does the job and still looks 90% right from the outside. Unfortunately it won't be much help to most of the fellas here as I got them from a place in Australia called 'Clark Rubber'. This is somewhat comical because Clark rubber is a big franchise store that you wouldn't expect to sell something so specific. Out of the five pull through grommets they had on their website this happened to be almost right.

The correct size is roughly 12.5 x 2mm head for a 4.5mm hole. What I got was a 11 x 3 head for 4.5 hole. The 'panel thickness' is a bit small but as they stretch it still worked. The step on the outside is also a tad small. Below is the original broken part next to the new one. I've also installed a spare to show how it looks. Link for Aussies is:

http://www.clarkrubber.com.au/pull-through-grommet.html

Grommet.jpg

Edited by Mozzie
Spelling (see edit history)