Trouble with new site changes allowing posting and editing

So has anyone else experienced not being able to respond to a topic post ?  For example you write out a response then hit post and nothing happens you response is not posted no matter how many time you slap the post button.  Then some other times the site posts your reply as it always has but this is becoming more and more of a rarer occurrence than the post button not posting you comments at all which is becoming prevalent.  This has happened to me consistently since the new site upgraded.

Also, what's with the Big Brother Edit history compilations for anytime you edit your post.  KINDA ANAL !!

Not that I am a conspiracy freak, but this might make one think that there is some kind of pre post filtering/censoring system at work here.

• Like 1

and how often do you think the person who has the ability to fix the problem, ie the forum administrator,  visits the Buick Post War forum, where this originally was Willie?  There's a place for everything and everything should be in it's place is what Mom always said.

I am not sure Peter G is aware that slow posting  has been causing duplicate posts, I have not realized that was the case,  so thanks for bringing that out.

… gosh and here I thought the duplicate posting was because of my condition with my index fingers.  I have SPTS you know. ( Sanding Paper Finger Twitch Syndrome )

Hey and Barney brings up a good annoying point I have overlooked as well about the delete button having been deleted ??

So what about the edit history thing as well ? I always like writing out as therapy what I really want to say in a reply, then deleting and editing it so it can be released in a more village friendly form.  But now with the edit history gig going on, don't want to leave any incriminating evidence behind not even for the 'gulp' moderators :)'

…. however, still glad the sky is blue and it is nearing Spring time…..

Edit:  Oh, and a big thanks Lamar for taking the time to reply to my off the wall post here !

Edited by buick man (see edit history)
  • Like 1

I just edited so can anyone report back and tell us if they can read "  see edit history " at the bottom of the last post where I thank Lamar or is it not there.  That would answer one of these questions ?

Thanks in advance.

Also, found that with at least with my Apple MacBook Pro that I usually use when on this site, if I have my Cookies OFF, which I most always do as a matter of practice, then I experience the failed 'Post' button syndrome as noted above but not always which is puzzling.  The last few posts I have now made had Cookies ON, so that could be an issue as well.  I did experience the double posting when the site came back on a couple of times but not recently.  So this could also be related to not having cookies on.  Just saying 

The ability for a user to delete his or her post went away before the last forum update. I thought a decision was made to change the set up to allow a user to be able to delete their own posts but I may not remember it correctly. If you want a post deleted, you can hit the report button and ask the moderators to delete it and we will delete it for you. 

I could be wrong, but I think that only a poster and the moderators can see the edit history. I don't think that other regular forum members can see it. If I am wrong and another regular forum member can see that edit history above, please let me know.

15 hours ago, MCHinson said:

The ability for a user to delete his or her post went away before the last forum update. I thought a decision was made to change the set up to allow a user to be able to delete their own posts but I may not remember it correctly. If you want a post deleted, you can hit the report button and ask the moderators to delete it and we will delete it for you. 

I could be wrong, but I think that only a poster and the moderators can see the edit history. I don't think that other regular forum members can see it. If I am wrong and another regular forum member can see that edit history above, please let me know.

We are now able to delete a post. Use the "Options" button and the word "Delete" will pop up.

Edited by keiser31 (see edit history)

Thanks. I thought that it was supposed to be set up to allow a user to delete his or her own posts but I can't see the regular user interface so I was unaware of that. Hopefully a few other folks who want the moderators to delete stuff on a regular basis will learn how to do that. :)

• Like 1

… well thanks for the input and all.  Yes a large red delete button should be easily viewable at the base of each posters page.  Can't begin to see why a Moderator should be brought into the mix to this equation in any way.  It's not like they don't already have enough to do as it is. But glad to hear we can delete.  Another pet peeve of mine is the Edit HIstory that shows up to you & everyone else in the worldif and when you do edit.  This applies to that little tale tail reason for editing line.  

If I want to indicate I have gone back and edited a comment or a wordy dissection once the beer buzz has faded, I will indicate at the bottom that I edited my work otherwise who cares if I did as long as you can coherently read what I have typed.

Reason for Editing:  Just to be annoying

• Like 1
2 hours ago, buick man said:

Another pet peeve of mine is the Edit HIstory that shows up to you & everyone else in the worldif and when you do edit.  This applies to that little tale tail reason for editing line.  

As a moderator, I see edit history on everything that has been edited. I don't think that a regular user should be able to see edit history for anybody but themself.  Do you see edit history on users other than yourself?

I have an Edit History link for every single person's post. I don't bother looking, but I, too, am prone to saying things that I don't really mean to say and going back to delete the evidence. I'd like that to continue to be the case without people being able to forensically track my idiocy.

• Like 1
23 minutes ago, Matt Harwood said:

I have an Edit History link for every single person's post. I don't bother looking, but I, too, am prone to saying things that I don't really mean to say and going back to delete the evidence. I'd like that to continue to be the case without people being able to forensically track my idiocy.

I noticed this too and it is scary.  There are times when I state my mind and then when seeing it writing realize "bad idea".

• Like 1