Help with 1939 D2

Guest ole Greezer

Guest ole Greezer

New guy to site. Just purchased an awesome, almost rust free 1939 Pickup D2. I believe the rear end, engine, n trans are not original. Any info that can be provided to me to verify, what is n what isn't will be appreciated. If not org. I will put a newer frame under it. And install my 343 cu in, AMC ( out of my 68 AMX) running gear in it. Any help would be great. I have named him "Ole Greezer", like me, I am 66 n have been selling off my toys, but this guy talked to me. LOL n here I go again.

Hi, welcome. Sounds like an interesting truck. Hope you can keep it original. I am in my early 70's and do not have any toys at the moment, but you never know what may pop up and need a home. Always had a soft spot for Internationals from experiences with  our farm trucks in West Texas.  Keep us posted on your progress on Ole Geezer. Here is an article that may help some. http://www.hemmings.com/magazine/hmn/2015/11/1939-International-D-2/3749143.html

Guest ole Greezer

Thank you for info. I would love to keep it org. I think eng. and rear end have been changed, if so I MAY put it on a S-10 frame, with my 343 cu in engine out of my 1968 AMX in it. Any info on S-10 swap would be great, or just any info would be appreciated. Take care guys.

Guest ole Greezer

The rear end is narrower than it should be. The engine motor mounts are in a different location, trans mounts are also different and the floor board has been cut so the sifter is in a different location. I hope to get engine numbers and other info so I can try to determine what engine and trans are in it. Any info on this is needed. I would like an org rig but I am afraid finding org parts is a lost cause. Next best thing would be a nice running rig with modern drive train.