64 Door Guard Moldings and Seat Belt retractors.

hermanangus

Hi, my 64 has  5WK  for the door guard moldings and seat belt retractors on the body tag, and they seem to have been removed at some time. I would like to have all the original option parts together for when I do the restore. Please let me know if you can help me out with either item. Thanks.

Kevin

002.JPG

Good luck with the door guards......used ones are always dented and it is impossible to straighten them.

I needed some for my car and was told by several Riviera experts that the supply of nos ones was exhausted a long time

ago but I got  lucky when some popped up on ebay after six months of looking. They had been on someone's shelf for decades that had recently passed away. I knew that I'd probably never find another nos set in my lifetime, so when a bidding war ensued, I made a huge

bid with a few seconds left on the auction and I got them but they cost me 675.00. That was two years ago and I've never seen another pair for sale since then. Needless to say, I'll never allow my car doors to touch anything when opening them!

Edited by Seafoam65 (see edit history)

Holy Cow! Well unless the parts gods are smiling on me, perhaps I will let the next owner worry about it. That kind of money would be allotted to something much higher up the priority list, like  windshield that isn't cracked and leaking, :). Thanks for the heads up, my last (aborted) project was a 62 Lincoln, and I know about parts being made of Unobtanium and Unicorn. I appreciate the reply.