Water Pumps

Does anyone have any suggestions for the right way to go about rebuilding water pumps on the V-12 Zephyr engines (1940)?

Good Question, I will also be insterested in some info on this. I,ve Just taken apart one that was seized up for 10 - 12 years. and suprisingly it dosent look bad after cleaning every thing up. But I am woundering about the felt seals or buishings if you will, can any dence felt work as a replacement.<BR>Vern

A good buddy just had one of his water pumps on his '39 V-12 rebuilt by a shop in Los Angeles, it wasn't cheap, but fairly quick, and now that it is re-installed and running it doesn't leak either, I will get the details on the shop and the price from him if you guys are interested, have no info on rebuild kits etc, let me know here--

• 3 weeks later...

If you find some that can rebuild water pumps or has new seals and bearings please let me know I have 6 that I would like to rebuild. Steel

Hi Steele, here is the place my buddy had his done, he mailed the core to them, and they mailed it back to him, there is also one who advertises in the club magazine, the first that my friend used was;<P>Superior Pump Exchange<BR>12901 Crenshaw Blvd.<BR>Hawthorne, CA 90250<BR>$132. plus postage.<BR> 1(310)676-4995<BR>Works great!<P>The one in the mag is;<BR>Rebuilt V-12 water pumps, $100.00<BR>R.O. Hommel<BR>933 Osage Rd<BR>Pittsburg, PA,15243<BR>(412) 279-8884<P>Bob Boos also advertises that he does Water pumps, no price, phone (480) 837-0978 <P>Hope that helps, but what in the world do you need 6 water pumps for??? Restoring 3 V-i2's at once, perhaps??? Good luck-

Thanks for the help. I will call a couple of those guys to see what they charge for a water pump rebuild. I've got one that is leaking and squealing quite a bit.