GM Parts Direct

CHAS1

Many years ago I use to purchase from GM parts Direct (Flow Chevrolet on line I believe)  They were low price of course you had to factor in the high shipping. I stopped when they started using Airborne for deliveries.

Since it has been years.. Can someone comment on best place to purchase OEM GM parts on line today.

Thanks

I concur with John. I have ordered several things over time from GMPartDirect and their shipping has always been in line with other online vendors.  Most recently I just ordered up a replacement and a spare of the passenger side muffler isolator/hanger and while the dollar amount of the purchase was relatively small, I still found the shipping acceptable given the bulk and weight.

Things have certainly changed since 5/26/2007 when I purchased an accumulator and an o-ring from them. The price of the accumulator as I remember was $104. The total cost with shipping was $131.19. I can't find the invoice right now but I have the total cost written down in my maintenance records. Either the o-ring was overpriced or the shipping was too high. I made a mental note that I won't buy from them again if I can avoid it.

John's shipping seems low from what I remember as well. I remember it being a flat % with no volume discount. I also stopped shopping from them. With free shipping so prevalent on ebay and amazon, there was no reason to pay those inflated shipping prices.

I just overhauled my A/C after the compressor seized.   Checked parts availabity locally (but not GM dealer) only way to get a new A/C Delco compressor was for the locals to order it and most would add on shipping.

Non Delco compressor, dryer and condenser locally would cost just under $500 plus $41 sales tax.

Got all the above from RockAuto for $335 including shipping the compressor was a new Delco the other parts were aftermarket.

Saving $200

Guest Corvanti

i bought some parts from them when i had my Corvettes 5 to 7 years ago. the shipping costs were in order of John's example above. the Part prices were much lower than the local dealer. these were dealer only parts - i always checked ebay/amazon first and were not available.

my biggest complaint with GM Parts Direct was the shipping time - 10 days to 2 weeks. maybe this was before they went with the new shipper(?)...

Back in the late 90's I bought a lot of parts from APPLE CHEVY in NY.  They offered any GM parts you wanted.

I have no clue as whether they still do, but they were super fast, and fair prices.  I even bought. A LT-1 Vette crate engine from them, over night delivery.

Dale in Indy 

14 hours ago, Corvanti said:

my biggest complaint with GM Parts Direct was the shipping time - 10 days to 2 weeks. maybe this was before they went with the new shipper(?)...

This arrived in my email inbox yesterday....

Order Date: 04/16/2016 - 06:51:23 PM 

(Order placed after business hours on Saturday. I think it's safe to assume that nothing was done on Sunday)

Date

Local Time Activity
Greensboro, NC, United States 04/20/2016 2:00 A.M. Departure Scan
Greensboro, NC, United States 04/19/2016 9:58 P.M. Arrival Scan
Winston Salem, NC, United States 04/19/2016 9:14 P.M. Departure Scan
  04/19/2016 7:21 P.M. Origin Scan
United States ............................. 04/19/2016 9:45 A.M. Order Processed: Ready for UPS
Shipment Category: Package
Shipped/Billed On: 04/19/2016
Weight: 7.80 lbs

Scheduled Delivery:

Thursday, 04/21/2016, By End of Day

I don't think five days is excessive for an order to arrive.

This is excessive and annoying......

I recently placed an order on Amazon. Two identical items were ordered at the same time on a Thursday during normal business hours. The order was split. I received one of them the following Wednesday. The "Track your Shipment" scale showed that scheduled delivery for the second item was to arrive Friday the 15th. I got the other, the following Saturday.(16th)

So, in this example anyway, GMPartsDirect beat Amazon's delivery time by a week.

So ... Take that Bozo er, I mean, Bezos.

It appears that GMPD has turned over a new leaf. It appears also that their online catalog has been given a facelift and runs more efficiently.

Regards,

John F.

Edited by Machiner 55 (see edit history)
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Machiner 55 said:

It appears that GMPD has turned over a new leaf. It appears also that their online catalog has been given a facelift and runs more efficiently.

That's good to hear. Maybe they have been listening to their customers and have made improvements in their shipping department.

It really depends on the level of service you have and who you're buying it from on Amazon.  If it is sold and shipped by Amazon with Prime Shipping, it should take 2 days. Many items are now available free same day delivery here in Cincinnati (and a dozen other major cities) if ordered by noon.

If you buy from an individual or without Prime shipping, then yes, 5-10 days is normal.

6 hours ago, Machiner 55 said:

This is excessive and annoying......

I recently placed an order on Amazon. Two identical items were ordered at the same time on a Thursday during normal business hours. The order was split. I received one of them the following Wednesday. The "Track your Shipment" scale showed that scheduled delivery for the second item was to arrive Friday the 15th. I got the other, the following Saturday.(16th)

So, in this example anyway, GMPartsDirect beat Amazon's delivery time by a week.

So ... Take that Bozo er, I mean, Bezos.

Regards,

John F.

• Like 1