26-25Buick

Is recoring the radiator the only answer?

I used a couple of gallons of evap-o-rust in my 35s radiator then drained it and filled it with distilled water and a corrosion preventitive.I then developed a steady drop on the lower radiator tank. I thought I'd try a bottle of Bars stop leak and so far so good. I also found a small crack at the top of the radiator which I sealed with j b weld and seems to be holding.

• Like 1

Benefits of AACA Membership.

When I bought my 25A in 2006 and got it home and tried to drive it the temperature rose up quickly to the boiling point.I removed it and took it to my radiator man and was told that it had a zig zag core and could not be rodded out.After vatting and flushing it was found that someone had epoxied the lower tank on and it actually came off during the vatting procedure.The radiator was also found to be totally rusted out and was useless.After severall months of looking for a usable radiator I called American Honey comb radiator in Bowdoin Maine.At the time the price was $3,000 to recore it and They also had a 1 year waiting list.That was a tough pill to swallow but they did a concours job on it and now I run a Gano filter on it so nothing but liquid enters the radiator.My car now runs perfectly cool even on the hottest summer days.

• Like 1