WTB Rear vent window seals

You didn't say what body style you have, but let's assume it's a 4-door sedan with a rear quarter vent window hinged on the front edge.  As the Studebaker parts aren't available - and may not be anytime soon - I wonder if something from another car brand could be used.  A Chrysler 4-door sedan from about 1938 seems to also have a rear vent window of similar size and shape.  Perhaps a little work with a razor blade and some Crazy Glue could make one of those work.  Steele Rubber has those parts (40-0182-76, $195/pair), and they indicate the parts need to be glued anyway .  Perhaps Steele can send you a short piece to compare the cross-sections of your seals with the Chrysler ones or other brand.   You could also have the Studebaker National Museum send you a copy of the original drawing for the rubber parts (p/n 268264/268265 ?) and give that to Steele for a best match. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/16/2016 at 11:02 AM, rbk said:

I gave John McCall some samples of these so he could reproduce them,

Ask Rex Miltenberger for his contact info.

http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.com/showthread.php?20992-looking-for-John-McCall

Robert Kapteyn

I've given up on trying to contact John.  He doesn't even answer my calls now.  It is a shame that someone with his ability is so irresponsible.