1956 Power Steering Conversion SOLD

MrEarl

From an eBay auction I had scheduled to start tonight but thought someone here may be interested so have rescheduled it. I will leave it here for a couple days.  It was an auction with starting bid of $400, if anyone here wants it for that PM me. This system is out of the Century Wagon that I bought from Bob Coker and upon starting to part it out realized that the odometer reading of 60K was actual. No idea of what could have happened to it for it to end up in the condition it was in but what a shame.  Here is the text and pictures from the auction listing.

Here we have everything you will need to convert a 1956 Buick Century or Special regular steering to power steering. This system was carefully pulled from a 1956 Buick Century parts car with 60K miles. The parts have all been cleaned and checked for cracks and breaks and appear to be in good operating condition. A check before disassembly did not show any signs of leakage from either the pump or gear box. However parts have not been tested and are being sold as is and/or as cores for rebuild. The system includes everything you see in the picture

•  Pitman arm
  •  gear box
  •  steering shaft
  •  power steering pump
  •  steering column and transmission control
  •  horn cable and terminal
  •  Power Steering horn button

P1010855.JPGP1010863.JPGP1010864.JPGP1010859.JPGP1010862.JPG

P1010865.JPGP1010871.JPGP1010867.JPGP1010868.JPGP1010869.JPGP1010878.JPGP1010860.JPGP1010857.JPGP1010872.JPGP1010858.JPGP1010876.JPG

MrEarl,

Put me in line, I have been looking to put power steering in my 56 Century hardtop. It's a great car, but my sweetheart wont drive it because it is so hard to park and get around at low speeds. I would love to buy It now.

• Like 1

Superbuick,  I have not heard from the guy in CA so if you want it it is yours. email me at 1954buick  gmail dot com and we will work out arrangements for purchase and shipping. Hopefully you are east of the Missisip as postage seems to increase if it has to cross the big muddy.