Thoughts on fog lights

bob duffer

I vote no too, as I get older/more experienced I find less charm in add-on accessories like that.  They are often not exactly beautiful and become just more chrome stuff on a car--expensive to buy and just one more thing to have to wash and polish.  Just one opinion, Todd C

Bob, I like the look of the "GUIDE" lights which were a true Buick option. 

Your car is essentially identical to the one I had until last summer.

In my opinion, the lights look great, they complement the chromed headlight buckets and trumpet horns, and they aid in night driving.

Do what you like, but seniors will look better than those relatively small fog lights.

1934 Buick5 Right Front.JPG

1934 Buick4 Badges .JPG

1934 Buick1 Left Front.JPG

1934 Buick2 Front.JPG

1934 Buick left front.JPG

1934 Buick right front.JPG

Copy of guide_driving_lamp_lens.jpg

5 minutes ago, cahartley said:

I thought FOG lights had yellow lenses....... :unsure:

While some fog lights do have yellow or amber lenses, it is really the shape of the reflector, creating a "Flat-Top" beam that is important, as well as the "Flutes" in the glass which help to diffuse and direct the beam. When the light is directed in a wide, and a  low pattern, essentially below eye level, there is less reflectivity which would otherwise bounce light and glare back into the eyes of the driver.

• Like 2

Bob, here is another shot, but of my '37 with senior Trippes, rather than Guides...

Sorry I didn't have the Trippes turned on in this pic, but you get the idea.

Just my opinion  ---  it is your car - do what makes you happy

(Some like blackwalls - I like wide whites)

1937 Buick Front night in New Orleans.jpg

I was at the Museum Experience with the CCCA last year and I seen a Packard there I think with every accessory that was available for that car and then some. Yes I thought it was over done but you know, the owner was very happy with it and that is the only person that counts. It is your car your call!

Edited by Joe in Canada (see edit history)

Both cars are beautiful. Marty, thanks for posting more than one picture, cant get enough of a good thing. I'm mixed on the subject so I would do what feels right to you. I have two cars one a standard and one a deluxe of the next era body style. The standard is clean and the deluxe has them. I like it both ways. 

Edited by helfen (see edit history)

I think it is beautiful to see a picture of a pre-war car taken at night with the lights on.  I wish there were more taken this way.  As for which looks better (the original question) "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder".