Who makes the best floor mats?

PWB

Hey gang

I'd like to put loop carpet mats in my second gen'. Everything I see on the 'net looks wonky - like they wont fit. Even OPGI.

Any good sources?

Thank you.

CE14260-lrg.jpg

Hi 

Maybe you'll get some here: http://www.smsautofabrics.com/

I've no experience with carpet mats, but I made my floorings and door panels of my 65 with their looped products and I'm very happy with - looks absolutely like original!

You can ask for patterns to check out the material and color... they do it exactly made to measure (or the way you would like it).

Regards.

IMG_7432.jpg

IMG_7434.jpg

IMG_7431.jpg

I did basically the same thing with my '63.  I had some original, but completely worn out, "carpet savers" and "handy mats."  I took them to a local upholstery shop to use as a pattern.  They used a rubber backing with the little nibs on the bottom and glued some original style loop carpet to the backing, sewed binding around the edges, and added a heel pad. They also cut holes for the dimmer switch and the wonder bar switch and put grommets in the holes.  It appears as if there is no floor mat in the car. The nice thing about them is that they can be taken out and cleaned easily.  Everything is a piece of cake as long as you have the patterns you want.

Ed

I bought a set of black ones from OPGI for my first gen. They look good, fit fine and are a perfect match for the Clark's carpet I've got. To be honest, the price was decent, the hassle was zero and they are only mats after all so I'm not too picky about them. PRL

1 hour ago, petelempert said:

I bought a set of black ones from OPGI for my first gen. They look good, fit fine and are a perfect match for the Clark's carpet I've got. To be honest, the price was decent, the hassle was zero and they are only mats after all so I'm not too picky about them. PRL

I second what Pete said. I did the same and I am very happy with the OPGI mats. They were the cheapest at the time I bought mine. Wait for one of their sales.

Bill

If you'd like factory rubber mats, Legendary Auto interiors makes repro Buick factory mats in 17 colors. I have

a set of their dark green mats in my car.

DSCN0017.JPG

Not as much as those 8 tracks ;) 

But didn't you guys have to notch out / cut for the gas pedal??? All the ones I see on the 'net do NOT have the notch cut for gas pedal.

I hate to hack a $200 (plus shipping) set of mats just to make them fit <_<

Yes, that's what I have......The early A-body's have the gas pedal on the floor like a Riviera. There is a notch

outlined on the back for the gas pedal.  I still have the original mats from my Riviera and the  Legendary mats are almost identical to them

after you cut out the notch for the driver's mat. As you can see in my pic, they fit perfectly and look great.

Archived