Another R.I. P.

Very sad to report that Dave Mihalko Sr, AACA 50 plus year member and the owner of Restoration Specialties died this weekend after returning home from Charlotte.  Dave was a pioneer in the field of providing restoration supplies for our cars and many if not most of us have done business with him at some time.  Our condolences go out to his son Dave and wife Mary. 

I worked for Dave for seven years and knew him through the Flood City chapter many more. Dave was a great guy, very knowledgeable in his field and he loved being around antique cars and working with the owners. The hobby will miss him as well as I and we extend to Mary Alice, Dave Jr., Jeff and all his family our most heartfelt condolences.

Oh no - Saw him just this weekend at his booth in the swap meet.  Always enjoyed spending time with him at Hershey and elsewhere, especially the Annual Meeting in Philadelphia - he was a good man and a strong supporter of AACA.  He really had a passion for working with younger folks and helped get many involved with the hobby.   I'll miss Dave tremendously.

Terry

Edited by Terry Bond (see edit history)

As a customer of Restoration Specialties for years, I never knew Dave & Mary until last year when I met them on the Moonshine & Mist Tour in Tennessee.  Great people and what makes AACA a wonderful life experience.  I saw many others this past weekend in Charlotte and know they all enjoy life and this club to the fullest.  We'll miss Dave and his friendly attitude toward life.

Guest Dave Mihalko, Jr

I just want to thank everyone for the support provided to our family and business.  It is difficult to lose an icon of the industry like my dad. He loved this hobby from the time he judged hi wheelers in the 50's to this day.  Up until the end he got to do what was most important to him and that was going to shows and talking with his buddies.  He will be missed but the legacy will continue.  Thanks to all.

Dave, Jr.

Dave - good to see your post and I'm thrilled that you plan to keep things going.  No finer tribute to your Dad than that.  Look forward to visiting again.  Our thoughts and prayers are with you.  Lots of folks down here in Tidewater that knew him.

Terry

• 2 weeks later...

I too am glad the business will continue. Dave, your folks helped me find a lot of weird fasteners for my 60s Oldsmobiles over the years. The RS spots were one of the first places we went at Carlisle or Charlotte, and if you didn't have the "exact" clip or rubber sweep, y'all usually found me one that would work!

Guest AlCapone

My sincere condolences to his wife and loved ones. Our hobby will indeed feel a loss with his passing.  May his soul rest in peace! God bless! Wayne