WTK '31-32 Dodge/Graham wiring

ArticiferTom

I'm in process of rewiring my headlights back to original style loom and wire . I found that the six wires in loom from clum switch go toward radiator and enter frame then come out as two looms smaller  with three wires each at the frame rail . This is shown in pics sent from another truck owner ; see attached . The problem is there is no access to the joint of the three looms , which is probable a TEE or Y fitting in the frame ,boxed by fender and radiator skirt and shroud .  Any one accessed this area ??? 

Next , all wire seems to be wheat colored ,yet manual says lights are Black ,Red and Brown for parking . How where they marked in 1931-32 Dodge Graham trucks ??

IMG_2396.jpgIMG_2437.jpg

Can you use something from the electrician's bag of tricky tools? I am thinking of a stiff wire poked in from each end to come out where the full loom goes in, tape to the respective connectors or wires and pull through? I expect it will take a fair bit of fiddling around and some special strong words to get them through.

If you have any old wires in there, you could pull a cord through when you pull them out and use that cord to pull each end pf the new loom through.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Got old wires and loom pulled out . Was a rodent nest of my seat stuffing with it . There was no metal clamp at this hidden joint so rodents ate thought wire where three looms came together . I pulled 14-3 SJ cord in place and covered with friction tape where seen , until total restore is done some day .

Guest DodgeKCL

I'm not sure but I believe the colors they are referring to are "threads" or "markers" running around in a spiral down the body of the wire. Not the color of the wire body per se. I would wipe the wires with lacquer thinners to remove the years of crude and see if you can find the markers.