345 V8 flexplate spacer?

Does anyone know if a 345 V8 needs a spacer between the flexplate and crankshaft.  If so is there a part number I should look for?  (The flexplate is an NOS piece that was installed and did not change the problem.)  This is for a 1967 Travelall  that has had a 727 Torqueflite from a later model IHC installed at some time in the past, and there are issues with starter alignment. 

Thanks!

Dave, I know you know a lot about cars so this may be a dumb question. Have you tried shims behind the starter to get the right depth to make contact? I do not remember a spacer being used, but something like that may be needed since it is a different model transmission than came in the Travelall.

Oh yeah.  There is a large spacer (fixed, ~3/8" thick) that's supposed to be there behind the starter to adapt to the automatic's flex plate.  That was obtained and installed, but there is still another "spacer" behind the flex plate on this engine (although it goes by another name, adaptor I think).  Without it the howl from starting is terrible.  I found a used one and it's being delivered as I type this.  It should answer the issues we're having.

Thanks for your help!