248 buick straight eight " lift on cam used before "

Guest buickkuhn

Guest buickkuhn

I purchased this 1948 248 engine from a known rebuilder from Connecticut  (NIZEN) , since then been checking it out checking how far it has been built . So far it is : .030 over pistons , thin head gasket , new valve guides , new valves , new valve springs complete , I am going to be putting my front 1941 engine plate on this engine . -- the bigger questions come in on the cam profile , how big has others ran in there engines . To me mine (in this rebuilt engine) is a .441 lift with longer open time between the intake and exhaust . When stock would be .217 lift and my original motor in my 41 buick has .228 lift along with the 5/8" sae washers under the inner spring . WHAT HAVE YOU RUN AS A AFTERMARKET CAM IN THE PAST AND HOW DID THE MOTOR ACT ? Thank you in advance .

20160325_124941.jpg

20141006_110441.jpg

20141005_165435.jpg

20141006_120113.jpg

Guest buickkuhn

I guess I'm shocked that there are no responses , because these cams used to be less than $40 back in the day . I can remember rebuilding engines and using different cams with other stuff too - how it acted afterwards . Maybe someone will chime in and have a memory to share.

Do you know about the Fireball Eight facebook page.  Not sure how you can get to it, but I am reviewing that occasionally.  Seems like those guys do a lot of modified  stuff.  If you PM me and have a facebook page, I can get you linked in.

John

Guest buickkuhn
1 hour ago, jscheib said:

Do you know about the Fireball Eight facebook page.  Not sure how you can get to it, but I am reviewing that occasionally.  Seems like those guys do a lot of modified  stuff.  If you PM me and have a facebook page, I can get you linked in.

John

Ok

• 3 weeks later...

There something news about the experiences eith this old aftermarked cams  ?...

I drive a mild "as you will like it " -Cam , its a grinded oem one, runs great in the midrange and a good idle, but im also  interested how other stuff will run.

(Double lift ?!? ..man ..i wanna hear this engine?)

Guest buickkuhn
4 hours ago, jenz38 said:

There something news about the experiences eith this old aftermarked cams  ?...

I drive a mild "as you will like it " -Cam , its a grinded oem one, runs great in the midrange and a good idle, but im also  interested how other stuff will run.

(Double lift ?!? ..man ..i wanna hear this engine?)

Me too. I'll will post it once I have it running .