disc brakes for a 1938 dodge

panelbeater1234

While I personally enjoy hot rods as well as stock restorations, this site and the AACA focuses on the latter.  You'll stand a better chance of getting a useful response on a site like hotrodders.com.  Good luck.

57 minutes ago, JACK M said:

I don't think that $625 is out of line for that kit.

I must agree that if the car is stock they are probably not necessary but peace of mind with your brakes may be priceless.

I agree.  Most OEM brake set ups when serviced to factory specifications are more than adequate for the car.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, JFranklin said:

The only advantage I see, disk over drum, is that they shed water better after a puddle, and less fade from overuse like panic stops or forgetting to shift down in steep hilly country. Most old car drivers baby their cars and this tends to be a moot problem.

I tend to agree I went to a beach uop and a lot of hills and steep corners while going down I started in top gear and had  to pump the brakes and had traffic behind me which dident help then put her into second gear and used the moter to help with braking .you can get into a corner very quickly and then having to pump the  brakes very quickly  .I gess you have been in that situation ...john

1 hour ago, JFranklin said:

The only advantage I see, disk over drum, is that they shed water better after a puddle, and less fade from overuse like panic stops or forgetting to shift down in steep hilly country. Most old car drivers baby their cars and this tends to be a moot problem.

The fundamental difference is that when drum brakes heat up, the drums expand and move AWAY from the shoes.  This is brake fade, and eventually the brakes go away completely because you run out of stroke in the wheel cylinders.  Disks expand TOWARDS the pads in the calipers, avoiding this problem.