Hubcap ID

NC-car-guy

This is a tough one. The ones with the raised letters and no paint I have seen on 1954 and 1955 Buicks, so I think they are correct for those years and maybe a couple of years beyond that. You usually see the full-sized wheel covers on cars of those years. The ones with the larger, painted black letters I have seen on all 1940s Buicks, and 1950, and 1939. It will take someone with more experience and knowledge than me to narrow down or confirm that.

Pete Phillips

• Like 1

If you guys are correct and the  raised letter caps are indeed 54/55 that's all the better!   I've got lots of mismatched full covers, some 55, some 56 and one I'm unsure of, most of which are only in good enough shape to hang on the garage wall!

Bob's has them. I also agree that the raised letters are mid to late '50's. My Dover White '57 Special with the factory 3 on the tree has them. This car has just over 40 K original miles and I believe it to be all original except for paint and upholstery. It just was neglected for many years setting in the Texas sun!