sEEKING advice on obtaining Radiator for 1926 Buick Master

Guest rkociba

Guest rkociba

Seeking advice on finding a radiator (new or serviceable used radiator)  for 1926 Buick Master.  Seeking any experience (good or bad) in having new radiator built? Thanks for any advice.

rkociba@chartermi.net

I'm also searching for a new radiator but instead for my 1926 Buick Standard. I've found 3 places that make versions of the honeycomb radiator, one in Australia, one in New Zealand and one in the US. Unfortunately none of them had the same honeycomb size, all of them were bigger.  For me the end price was all about the same regardless of where I got it from and all options required my old tanks to be fitted to the new core.

Gentlemen,

If you are restoring your cars for judged shows, you will need to replace the core with a new original style honeycomb for well over $1000.  Or, you can shave some of the honeycomb from your original and place it in front of a modern core to make it appear original.  The chance of getting lucky finding a good used core on eBay or at a swap meet is slim at best.

If you are restoring your cars as drivers, you can use a modern core that will cool much better at a fraction of the cost.