Do not stay logged on, using remember me...

Ok, I originally had a problem with my IE9, Windows 7 and Norton with the new forum software. I saw that others were running IE11 so I upgraded my IE to the 11 version. It at first looked like it solved all my problems, I could upload photos and could use the update thread flag again. What I found out though in short order was that I do not stay signed in even though I use the remember me when I sign in. As it turns out it is not just the AACA forum that this problem exist with but I'm asking any and all what I might try.  I'm at a loss as to how to correct this issue and it only started with the upgrade to IE11, no changes to anything else. If anyone has any insight or suggestions as to what I might try to solve my problem please feel free to comment. Thanks, Scott...

Scott:  This is a common issue when using Norton Internet Security with IE11.  Norton can delete/clean some of the files need to maintain the login for sites.  Try disabling/uninstalling Norton and then see if you can stay logged in to the forum.  If so you may just need to use an alternate anit-virus.  Or try using Firefox as your browser, as the Norton problem does not appear to happen when using Firefox. - Bob

23 hours ago, vwlfan said:

Scott:  This is a common issue when using Norton Internet Security with IE11.  Norton can delete/clean some of the files need to maintain the login for sites.  Try disabling/uninstalling Norton and then see if you can stay logged in to the forum.  If so you may just need to use an alternate anit-virus.  Or try using Firefox as your browser, as the Norton problem does not appear to happen when using Firefox. - Bob

Bob, Where things stand as of now is that it is working again, at least for now. What I did was to not allow IE11 to manage my cookies by using the advance setting and choosing to allow first party cookies and blocking third party cookies, no other options selected. I made this change this morning after reading your reply and was surprised to see that tonight I did not have to sign-in to the two sites that I frequent. Not sure if my choice is a good or bad thing but at least the problem with loosing my sign-on appears to be working. We'll see how this goes for a few days and I'll report back. Scott...

10 hours ago, vwlfan said:

Scott:  Good work!  The way you solved the problem should work.  The worst thing that could happen is a website expecting a cookie and not finding it (but the websites usually let you know when they need to save a cookie). - Bob

I mentioned that I would provide an update. What I see is that Norton does not find any cookies to cleanup now. I do not have IE set to do clean up when exiting either. I did notice that there is a setting in IE11 that is set on with the install under the advance tab saying to send requests to not track, not sure if that too cuts back on cookies but I currently have no plans to change it. I was use to seeing 12 - 17 cookies being removed every time after I was on the internet and now the cleanup is 0. To bad that things can't continue to work better together. Again, I'll leave things the way that they are for now. I wish I had the knowledge of what's really happening under the covers and if I was shooting myself in the foot. Scott...