im finding it really hard to find the rear trunk roadmaster script

any sources ?

I've seen them on Ebay,

usually $100 US

On 5/6/2016 at 6:33 AM, JamesBulldogMiller55Buick said:

I've seen them on Ebay,

usually $100 US

any links available sir ?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1955-Buick-Grill-Script-Roadmaster-Gold-NEW-/151734794574?hash=item235419394e:g:HOkAAOSwHnFVltc1&vxp=mtr lately trunk script

This is grill script

I've seen lately trunk script

Edited by JamesBulldogMiller55Buick (see edit history)

hi guys,

im looking for this round seat side trim.

i have it on one side, one side is missing.

any sources guys

Mr Earl any Idea ?

thank you

Img2499.JPG

Img2491.JPG

Allan, got your email. I know I have one and spent 30-40 minutes in my hot ass barn attic and another 20 in my house closet yesterday unsuccessfully looking for it! So frustrating! Hopefully someone here can help. If not I will look again as I KNOW I have it! 

• Like 1

On 8/3/2016 at 4:58 PM, MrEarl said:

Allan, got your email. I know I have one and spent 30-40 minutes in my hot ass barn attic and another 20 in my house closet yesterday unsuccessfully looking for it! So frustrating! Hopefully someone here can help. If not I will look again as I KNOW I have it! 

thank you so much sir,

what would be the correct term to call it, if i need to search online ? 

also still looking for that rear roadmaster script

car is coming out good so far

have decided to go for an all black with red and silver interiors

Edited by Allan.Almeida (see edit history)

Looked through the barn and closet again, no dice. Here is the best I can do for you, from a 54 Super. I'd suggest keep lookingimage.jpeg

another thing i need is the engine turned dashboard kit, that comes on the dash and also on the front doors

any idea where i can get that

regards,

Allan

I have a couple sets but they would require restoration/re-turning and I suspect that s why you need. Doug Seybold offers this service, not sure the cost. 

On 8/13/2016 at 11:47 PM, MrEarl said:

I have a couple sets but they would require restoration/re-turning and I suspect that s why you need. Doug Seybold offers this service, not sure the cost. 

would you have an entire set for the roadmaster convertible..i can send it over to dough then

On 8/10/2016 at 8:10 AM, MrEarl said:

Looked through the barn and closet again, no dice. Here is the best I can do for you, from a 54 Super. I'd suggest keep lookingimage.jpeg

would you have two pieces of these...and would they fit my car

20160716_175410.jpgTalk with a man named Matt on here in the buy/sell section.  This a picture of some of the items he still might have for sale in regards to the seat panels you are looking for.  His user name is wndsofchng06.  Good luck Sir!

I can pull the turned dash panels and send to Doug if that is what you're s asking. Looks like Matt may have the correct seat skirt trim for you though

pm or email me if I can help

17 hours ago, Kosage Chavis said:

20160716_175410.jpgTalk with a man named Matt on here in the buy/sell section.  This a picture of some of the items he still might have for sale in regards to the seat panels you are looking for.  His user name is wndsofchng06.  Good luck Sir!

thanks so much....have PM'd him

• Like 1

On 8/29/2016 at 11:47 PM, MrEarl said:

I can pull the turned dash panels and send to Doug if that is what you're s asking. Looks like Matt may have the correct seat skirt trim for you though

pm or email me if I can help

Me Earl, thanks again,

have emailed you details,

please do have a look when free

regards,

Allan

cars off to paint and items are getting copper plated and then to chrome

got most of the items as well thanks to this wonderful forum

only items i am still hunting for are the antenna and the rear "roadmaster " script

if you guys come across these anyways do message me please.

will post a few pics this evening

Allan , just love this thread , your a talented guy , amazed how many diverse skills you have called upon to repair what is going to be a beautiful car .

Will continue to follow, hope you have luck obtaining bits even your skills can't fabricate. Good luck, keep on challenging the odds on what must rate as a very difficult project , especially in India .

Keep posting photos along the way .

Best wishes

Pilgrim

Will definitely help look for those parts that you need.  Hope you post pictures when finished.  Look forward to the new pictures.

so we finished a final guide coat in black to check the lines and levels.

since most trims were hand fabricated and copper and chrome plated in house. we will now start a mock fitting of every part on the car.

Make a final listing of missing parts and then finally remove them all out and go for the final paint. 

we are still debating the final colour and upholstery pattern and color too.

lets see where this heads. Have to get her finished by November.

a big thank you to everyone whos helping me source parts.

i have the original hub cups, but they are missing the center medallions. so those are on the to find list as well.

thank you Pilgrim for your kind words.

really hope she turns out a stunner,

regards,

Allan

unnamed (26).jpg

unnamed (27).jpg

• Like 5

Allan,apparently there is "some" difference between the '55 and '54 76 series turned dash and door inserts as the parts books lists different numbers for them. I had always thought they were the same. So unless someone here can tell us what that difference is and it is of no significance, I will not be able to provide the insert as planned. Anybody know the differences? I am familiar with differences in the small series being the trim around the radio and ash tray but the large series???.

Sorry if I have delayed you with my incorrect assumption. I am thinking maybe Matt can help you with the dash pieces from his 4 door Roadmaster as they are the same, but not the door pieces.  Be careful if you buy from a salvage yard as I am seeing differences in the books in parts numbers based on "up to body numbers".

If the set from your car is restorable, I would suggest sending them in for restoration.

10 hours ago, Allan.Almeida said:

Have to get her finished by November.

:o What year? :huh:

need some help guys.

the rear trunk "roadmaster" script i have been trying with all my strength, but haven'y had any luck

so i am finally going to try and make it myself in house., like i did all the trims.

i need someone with the same script to please give me the dimensions so i can try and copy it

i need three dimension

exact width.....from the R to the r line edges

the height of capital R and the height of small a

thank you in advance

regards,

Allan

IMGP5386.JPG