1941 lincoln continental

Guest 40-41 connies

Guest 40-41 connies

are there any reprodution of the tail light lens on the 41 continental. question number 2: what year did lincoln use hubcaps that have a gold plated "Lincoln" script on the hubcap. Question number 3 are there any reproductions of the vent window rubber? Thanks, Pete

With regard to question 2, they were used on the front wheels only in 1947 and 1948. The rear hubcaps are plain, with no medallion or marking. On the continentals, the spare tire hubcap had a "lincoln Continental" script. So on the Continental, you have 5 wheels with three different hubcaps!

I bow to Bob's expertise on this one, I never had a postwar Continental, and do not remember the regular postwar Lincolns having gold script on the hubcaps, so maybe the gold ones were unique to the Connies. My '41 Connie that I had in the '50's and '60's had regular '41 hubcaps on the four ground wheels, and a "Lincoln Continental" raised script on the spare. Sorry, I have no sources on the lense or the rubber seal, good luck

Guest 40-41 connies

Thank you for the replies. My 1941 has exactly the type you described for the 47 48. Front two with the raised gold, back two plain and spare script as on 41. I guess who ever had this car before could not get the correct ones. I guess that to the eye of all except Lincoln owners, this looks as if it is correct. I will not use in shows so will live with them. Thanks again, Pete

Pete, here is some info on rubber. First try the classiified page on the LZ club page or here's what I did. I had a '41 ford and I now have a '41 LZ coupe and I found that the side vent windows were the same size. You can use the Ford vent window rubber from Dennis Carpernter. He's on the WEB under his name. I don't know if will work for a Continental coupe or convertible, but it might be worth a try to give them a call.