stuck valve

Hi Scott, if you are certain that it is really a stuck valve, which is exceedingly rare, you can access the valves to a degree by pulling the intake manifold, you can use that gasket over again, and you can diddle the offending valve enough to un-stick it. I assume it does not have any compression on one cylinder?? Can be a burned valve, broken piston or valve, or a broken valve spring, all which would require pulling the head, good luck, let us know how it resolves itself.

Hey Scott, if that is the case, maybe if you just let it run for a while, thr heat of running, and the oil sloshing around will do the job for you, shouldn't hurt anything, and it would be a lot easier, and may well do the trick, again, good luck.

OK guy's I had one of those when I diassembled my Z 12 I found that the lifter stuck the valve open. The hydraulic lifter plunger was out of the body and was cocked side way's on top of the lifter.<BR>Probably a 'FLUKE' on mine, but maybe some mystery oil squirted in that cylinder may loosen that valve.<P>BILL UHOUSE