Favorite Pictures of My Buick Reatta

MrEarl

Thanks,  Ronnie.   I'm so very excited about this.  It's in great shape.  Has a few little blips,  but not really anything horrendous.   It did come with the owner's manual.  That really surprised me.   Have a lot to learn about it.   Mainly raising and lowering the manual top as that really isn't covered in the owner's manual.  Just the power top, but I think I'll be able to figure it all out. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Attended a local cruise-in in southeastern MA this evening.  Besides my '91 Reatta, there were two other Buicks...somewhat unusual as there is normally only mine.  Did see one of my all-time favorites...an Austin-Healey 3000 MKIII in British Racing Green!   

IMG_0055 (002).jpg

IMG_0058 (002).jpg

IMG_0062 (002).jpg

IMG_0063 (002).jpg

IMG_0060 (002).jpg

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, DShip said:

Attended a local cruise-in in southeastern MA this evening.  Besides my '91 Reatta, there were two other Buicks...somewhat unusual as there is normally only mine.  Did see one of my all-time favorites...an Austin-Healey 3000 MKIII in British Racing Green!   

IMG_0055 (002).jpg

IMG_0058 (002).jpg

IMG_0062 (002).jpg

IMG_0063 (002).jpg

IMG_0060 (002).jpg

Real nice cars. I have 2 questions, where did you get the steering wheel cover with the Buick logo. And.  When you put your window up or down the stickers don't get peeled off?

Got the “Buick” steering wheel cover on eBay a few years ago. I’ve never had any problems with the stickers peeling off when lowering or rising the windows of any of my cars that have them.  

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hit 47000 yesterday. Got a lot of comments at Saturday’s cruise night. One was “ that’s the most interesting car I’ve seen in at least 20 years, and I’ve been around cars since the 50s”. So that’s nice. I think I also convinced one guy to buy one too. ?

5786CEFF-6A36-4A04-BE7E-7E6C3D76A2ED.jpeg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Cargirl said:

Sometimes you just get lucky and take a photo that really nails it. I took this last night at a local Scottsdale show and shine.

20180922_181843.jpg

Great looking car. I've heard people say that they don't want a red Reatta because they made too many of them. I couldn't disagree more. Nothing catches your eye like a red 2-seater. :)

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Kevin M said:

Car show run by the county today. Only Reatta. Parked next to a 40 special sedan. About 400 cars 20-25 various Buicks. 

F553B50C-FC14-44EF-84F0-8164BB46BEAC.jpeg

I see you have your hood closed. I do the same when I display my car. I think it looks a lot better that way than with the hood open.

• Like 2

Went to a local all make car show with some chapter members today. 

It was a charity event for the  John Theissen Children's Foundation.

Got quite exciting when the Football player signing autographs

was Ottis Anderson, Superbowl MVP in 1991 who received a 1991 red Reatta conv. from Buick.

He came over to my car and was thrilled to see one just like the one he received in '91.

Pretty cool day   

IMG_3052.JPG

IMG_3048.JPG

• Like 4

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Ronnie - 

That's a neat background for a beautiful Buick!!

Also, seems like a great time to acknowledge your contribution (from someone that has been here 1500 days longer than you); I think darn near everyone who has ever searched the Internet for help on their cool little two seater from Buick has run into one of your posts, your Reatta Owners Journal or this forum.

From the bottom of my heart and I think I speak for a majority of the other members, THANK YOU  for the TIME you have put into all things Reatta related, THANK YOU for the TALENT you have demonstrated in combining all the collective solutions into one resource for us Reattaphiles, and THANK YOU for you generous contribution of TREASURE which is a funny way of saying that you have taken money out of your own pocket to build and maintain the ROJ.

So Ronnie, thank you for all the Time Talent and Treasure you have contributed to the cause, it is greatly appreciated!!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

This is the Best Picture I have taken of my 1988 Buick Reatta before it broke down on me about 2 years ago. I've been having some electrical issues with it for a while so as of right now I got it sitting at a mechanic shop. they just replaced the starter on it for the sencond time, the speedometer doesn't turn on sometimes I don't know why but the car is back up and running. I cracked the 20" rims you see on this picture so I just purchased a new set of 18" aftermarket rims and tires. I had also lost all the keys for it 🤕 so I bought a new ignition cylinder & new locks for the doors. Sadly since it has been sitting in my driveway for almost 2 years 😞 the clear coat has pealed off on certain areas but the car still looks stunning. I will keep you guys updated and post new pictures of it as soon as I get chance to put the new rims on it.

FB_IMG_1546894688969.jpg

Btw I Love this Car, I've been offered many times to sell it! even while it was broken down! & I have declined them all. even through I'm going through a financial decline i have never had the thought of selling my Reatta. I will keep this car, I will restore this car and I will continue to love this car, for as long as I can. Now it needs alot of work done on it but I'd be sad if I sold it & saw someone else driving my car. 

Edited by RichardSwave (see edit history)

• 3 months later...

This photo was taken at historic Fort Southwest Point (in the background - now partially reconstructed) that sits on a hill overlooking the forks of the Tennessee and Clinch Rivers. It once was the last point of civilization heading west before you crossed the Tennessee River into Cherokee Indian territory. It's said that it was built to protect the white man from the Indians but latter it was used to protect the Indians from the white men who wanted to take their land. It's ironic how things can change over time.

176602639_southwestpoint7-1-19.thumb.jpg.677a33bbb8712f2b7a9b499470fb73e1.jpg

Edited by Ronnie (see edit history)
  • Like 2

• 4 weeks later...