MrEarl

Favorite Pictures of My Post War Buick

On May 21, 2016 at 10:01 PM, Pete Phillips said:

I drove my '59 Electra from Leonard, Texas to Oklahoma City and back today for a Mid-Century Modern Design antiques show, building tour, and car show. It was wonderful, but as I was leaving, I stumbled upon the 1920s, restored, former Buick dealership on the Broadway St. Auto Row Historic District in OKC, and grabbed this photo.

Pete Phillips

IMG_2997.JPG

That building looks a lot better today...

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Like 2

You said the building looks better...  because the banners are gone, not the car...  I love the car...  

My car is a daily driver, it is far from perfect... For that reason i am always honored when I get recognition.  That is 3 trophies in 4 year from Automobilia... It is also twice in 4 years to be in the paper... 

• Like 2

Always loved 50s American classics and been admiring  the beutiful buicks posted here , so I post my current favourite photo of my 53 special convertible ,chosen because it's the only time I have sat in the car which is currently being shipped to me in Cyprus. Will post again in new surroundings 

Cheers

pilgrim

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Like 5

She's a beauty...  I know you are anxious to get her home and go for a cruise...

Morning guys 

thanks for messages of support , car been here for a week ,driving me nuts waiting , decision day tomorrow ,hoping to be driving home Tuesday , pics to follow.

enjoy your day.

pilgrim

It's late in the season, but got the car out to a show/cruise-in tonight. My second time going, but the first time for my Grandfather.

14369877_10155179059880830_3047023479643

We've come a long way!

11536107_10153901321230830_1840197660064

• Like 9

Fantastic.  I am sure he is loving the car.  Is it a Special?  he is just in the wrong place, I can't see the portholes...

It's a Century. It has everything except AC and power electronic accessories. He's a little stubborn about riding in it because he can no longer drive anything (especially his car), but he had fun. His first comment was "wow there's a lot of Chevy cars here" lol 

• Like 1

I took a few pics at the Fall Regional with my wagon, Willie's Century and Jerry C's (Alamo chapter pres.) 3 spd. Special.

I especially like the night shot in the parking lot.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Edited by buick5563 (see edit history)
  • Like 10

My Riviera Red 1966 Buick Electra convertible with dual quads with 42,000 miles...owned since 2005, and my Riviera Red 1966 Buick Riviera GS with dual quads,and 94,000 miles...owned since 1988.

Barry Smith

BCA #23060

ROA #1481 

IMG_20150510_183341_552.jpg

IMG_20150510_183308_442.jpg

IMG_20150510_183407_957.jpg

66ElectraGraftonRR Station2.jpg

66ElectraGraftonRR Station4.jpg

100_3417_CKV.jpg

100_3370.jpg

Asheville NC meet.jpg

1966 Riv GS side best.jpg

1966 Riv interior.jpg

1966RivGS_PhillipiWV June 2012.jpg

1966 Spotlamp Pkg Documentation.JPG

Edited by Barrys_Riv
added document on spotlamp (see edit history)
  • Like 6

Barry, I envy you!!  a '66 225 convert was my dream car, in younger years.  I had a 4 door hardtop. Probably my favorite car .   In  1970 to 1974.  In  the town in which I lived, a guy had an all black one. Beautiful car . I did everything but beg to buy it.  No dice.  One night he drank a little much and wrecked it. I nearly cried when I saw it. 40 odd years later, I still remember.

Ben

• Like 2

8 hours ago, First Born said:

Barry, I envy you!!  a '66 225 convert was my dream car, in younger years.  I had a 4 door hardtop. Probably my favorite car .   In  1970 to 1974.  In  the town in which I lived, a guy had an all black one. Beautiful car . I did everything but beg to buy it.  No dice.  One night he drank a little much and wrecked it. I nearly cried when I saw it. 40 odd years later, I still remember.

Ben

It's never too late...

• Like 1

Back when I was "On The Road"....

1958 Buick Special - HVSO 40th Anniversary Tour - River Canard - Copy.jpg

It even made the paper as it was the Clubs 40th Anniversary Tour.

• Like 6

The weather in Chicagoland has been extraordinarily mild so far this autumn.  I took advantage of that to drive my 1957 Roadmaster to work today. It always gets a lot if attention, but more so lately with the Cubs magnets on the doors!

Ike

20161116_135953.jpg

• Like 7

I have attended many car shows with her, never wins any awards but sure gets lots of looks.

Wambo 2005 pic1.JPG

• Like 4