Favorite Pictures of My Post War Buick

MrEarl

Always loved 50s American classics and been admiring  the beutiful buicks posted here , so I post my current favourite photo of my 53 special convertible ,chosen because it's the only time I have sat in the car which is currently being shipped to me in Cyprus. Will post again in new surroundings 

Cheers

pilgrim

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Like 8

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It's a Century. It has everything except AC and power electronic accessories. He's a little stubborn about riding in it because he can no longer drive anything (especially his car), but he had fun. His first comment was "wow there's a lot of Chevy cars here" lol 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Barry, I envy you!!  a '66 225 convert was my dream car, in younger years.  I had a 4 door hardtop. Probably my favorite car .   In  1970 to 1974.  In  the town in which I lived, a guy had an all black one. Beautiful car . I did everything but beg to buy it.  No dice.  One night he drank a little much and wrecked it. I nearly cried when I saw it. 40 odd years later, I still remember.

Ben

• Like 2

8 hours ago, First Born said:

Barry, I envy you!!  a '66 225 convert was my dream car, in younger years.  I had a 4 door hardtop. Probably my favorite car .   In  1970 to 1974.  In  the town in which I lived, a guy had an all black one. Beautiful car . I did everything but beg to buy it.  No dice.  One night he drank a little much and wrecked it. I nearly cried when I saw it. 40 odd years later, I still remember.

Ben

It's never too late...

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, dei said:

I have attended many car shows with her, never wins any awards but sure gets lots of looks.

Wambo 2005 pic1.JPG

Your car is beautiful.  It looks like a winner to me.  Come to the Wheatland Buick show next year and see if the Kansas guys and gals appreciate your car...

• Like 4

26 minutes ago, Beemon said:

15027744_10155402878475830_4845912158819

15107444_10155402888550830_8720002183796

The parking lot at school was pretty bare so I thought I would snap a few photos on Friday. Not the best looking Buick but it's my Buick.

Your car looks good to me... It looks like it is all there, chrome, stainless, portholes, grill, glass, hubcaps... even looks like it just needs some sanding before paint.  Then it will look wonderful...  Sure, the paint is bad but you have a great car.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, dons56 said:

Your car is beautiful.  It looks like a winner to me.  Come to the Wheatland Buick show next year and see if the Kansas guys and gals appreciate your car...

Thank you so much!

Pictures do hide a few sins but that's Ok, I'm not trying to sell anytime soon and have lived with it for some time.

Wambo 2005 pic5.JPG

Going to try in vain to make the National next year (should things go well :unsure:).

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, dei said:

Thank you so much!

Pictures do hide a few sins but that's Ok, I'm not trying to sell anytime soon and have lived with it for some time.

Wambo 2005 pic5.JPG

Going to try in vain to make the National next year (should things go well :unsure:).

Here in Kansas we don't look so much for perfection.  Oh, don't ger me wrong, we like a fully restored car like everyone else but we like less than perfect too.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, dons56 said:

Here in Kansas we don't look so much for perfection.  Oh, don't ger me wrong, we like a fully restored car like everyone else but we like less than perfect too.

I would agree she fits that billing. ;)

Once again Thanks.:)

On ‎11‎/‎20‎/‎2016 at 10:12 PM, Beemon said:

15027744_10155402878475830_4845912158819

15107444_10155402888550830_8720002183796

The parking lot at school was pretty bare so I thought I would snap a few photos on Friday. Not the best looking Buick but it's my Buick.

I don't see any broken 60 year old glass, so it's damn near perfect.  

• Like 1

The passenger window was broken. Thankfully I found a solid piece for $100. I couldn't just replace the window because when I went to remove it, I found out it was broken. The rail the glass sits in rusted through at some point and was bent\broken and ripped the tabs that attach to the roller assembly off. So now the glass is perfect, except for one small bb shot but it's way better than what it was. The front window leaks, though. 

• Like 1

I think a "me and my Buick" is a good idea.  My son started a Facebook page for my Buick, "1956 Buick Special Riviera" several years ago which has chronicles the process and events for our Buick Special.  We have had it for 21 years.  Though it looks good in photos it is still more of a "survivor" than a restored car.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...