1948 LC Pitman arm and Drag Link Identification

I was trying to diagnose an occasional clunk when I turned in one direction. It appears that the drag link is hitting the radius rod suspension underneath. I checked the steering with the car on blocks, and the drag link does hit the radius rod before the passenger wheel gets to its stop. I looked in my books (service Manual and Chassis Parts Catalog) and they show a straight pitman arm and straight drag link. I noticed that I have a bend in the Pitman Arm, and bend in the drag link.<BR>Do have the correct Pitman Arm and Drag Link?<BR>Thanks for any help you can give me.<BR>Don

That is a strange one, barring a broken spring or a severe impact from underneath, I can think of no reason for these parts to be in conflict, I think what I would do is to take the car to a frontend place that does big trucks, they often straighten damaged parts, and know how to do it right, they may have access to new links for your stabilizer too, good luck

Guest 40-41 connies

I have four 1941 fords and one of them has the straight pittman and a different drag link. I assume that someone back when,put another years pittman and drag link on. I drives fine but the drag link connects upside down on both ends different for the original. Pete Vamvakas

The bend in the drag link and pitman arm are natural. If you look at the Service Manual it shows a bent drag link for the Light duty and one-ton trucks(p109, 323.b.1).<BR>So I was thinking I might have a mix and match, and was wondering if the 1948 LC had the straight Pitman arm (p115, Figure 71, 327.a.(2)) and drag Link as I had seen diagrammed?