feBarber

1969 Mercury Monterey Brakes are impossible to find!

I cant find any rotors or drums for my car at all. Are there any alternatives or am I just screwed? I could really use some help here.

The rotor's are by far the most important thing I need since the front brakes are pretty much gone. $140 is kinda a lot per rotor. And rockauto was the first place I checked for rotors. I was wondering if there was anyway to convert to a more plentiful setup. Or if I have no choice but to pay $140 per rotor.

IF the wheel bearings are not specific to 1969, the loaded calipers are from 1968-1972, then what's the difference in the rotors from the 1969 model year and the 1970 model year?  Just curious.

NTX5467

I just looked up both rotors from 1969 and 1970 on rockauto and they're exactly the same dimensions. So I guess they could be used. No idea why they don't list these with the 1969 model.

Not just your 1969 Mercury, but similar full-size 1969 Fords AND the 1969 Lincoln Mark III.

O'Reilly's has a listing on their website.  Same "6012" industry part number, with a few letters after it, as the Raybestos item in RockAuto.  In their BrakeBest brand.  The 1970 lists "6014".  Got to be something somewhere if the aftermarket also shows it differently between those model years.

NTX5467 

UPDATE ::  In looking at the O'Reillys web site, and the two model years, they show "6012RGS" for BOTH 1969 and 1970 model years.  $82.99.  "Usually ships in 24 hours".  Might also check AutoZone or the other auto supply chain web sites for those close to where you are.

NTX5467

So if they use 6012 with the 1970 model then 6014 and 6012 should be interchangeable. Because there is no difference in any dimension either. I have checked all the auto part stores and no one around me has them. So I'll have to special order or order online. 

There is Special Interest Cars in Oakville , Ontario  905 844 8063 

He has a huge inventory and ships every where .

You would pay in Canadian money which would probably pay for the shipping .

Any chance they're the same as the ones from a LTD/Galaxie?

All "big" Fords (Galaxie/LTD, etc.), all "big" Mercurys (Monterey, etc.) and Lincoln Mark III all take the same rotor, whether 1969 or 1970 model year.