Can someone identify a Lincoln Zephyr from an old photo?

Tammy, it's a 1939, since it has the split bumper in the front and has running boards showing, the head lights had bulbs rather then seal beam's which started in 1940.<P>Bill Uhouse<BR>pahrump nevada

**This is a correction to my previous post. The image had to be moved from its location that was given in my prevous message.**<P><BR>My dad had a Lincoln Zephyr 4 door convertible sedan years ago. My mom and I would like to surprise him with a gift/momento of it. All we have is a photo which we secretly took out of his cabinet for quick scanning.<P>It's about 35k in size and is black & white. To view it please goto the link at the bottom of this message and then click on the My Photos album. It's the only picture in that album. (I hope this works. If not please le t me know.)<P>Can someone out there identify the year and model for us? Any and all additional info about it would be greatly appreciated.<P>Tammy<BR>tjw@wf.net<P><A HREF="http://photos.yahoo.com/tjw_tx" TARGET=_blank>Picture of Dad's Lincoln Zephyr</A>

Hi Bill, and don't forget the smaller type hubcaps for the 5.5" wheel bolt pattern for the hydraulic brakes that were introduced that year, grille and trim were different than the '38 also, so it is without doubt a '39, good call Bill-

Wow! Thanks guys!<P>Thanks for letting me know what made it look like a '39. I'm afraid when it comes to cars I'm not knowledgable. It was fun learning how you knew.<P>Tammy<P> grin.gif" border="0

• 2 weeks later...

Rolf,<BR>Just a note as to 1938 Zephyr, mine is a late 38 with 5.5" bolt pattern and mechanical brakes.<BR>I'm a new member , nice to talk to you all.<P>Ed

Think that is entirely possible, but don't think it came that way, I think the mechanical and hydraulic brake drums were interchangeable, and someone just switched them way back, when they were easily available, possibly for no more of a reason than to use later wheels and tires, just a guess, but everything I have seen says the bolt patterns switched with the hydraulic brakes, always interesting with the twists and turns though, thanks for the input, Tammy's dad's car does seem to be overwhelmingly '39 though.

• 4 weeks later...

Tammy, your dad's car is absolutely a 39. A couple of corrections to the earlier posts. First of all, those are not exposed runningboards, they have an extension that covers them, and if they were exposed they would be a 38. Second, they did make the smaller bolt patterrn wheels at the very end of 38, but most 38's came with the wide bolt pattern and bigger hubcap. Very rare car your dad had there. If you have any numbers from it, it would be interesting to see if it still exists. I do know of most convertibles sedans that still exist. If interested, join the Lincoln Zephyr Owners Club, or go to there website, and contact me.

Tammy, your dad's car is absolutely a 39. A couple of corrections to the earlier posts. First of all, those are not exposed runningboards, they have an extension that covers them, and if they were exposed they would be a 38. Second, they did make the smaller bolt patterrn wheels at the very end of 38, but most 38's came with the wide bolt pattern and bigger hubcap. Very rare car your dad had there. If you have any numbers from it, it would be interesting to see if it still exists. I do know of most convertibles sedans that still exist. If interested, join the Lincoln Zephyr Owners Club, or go to there website, and contact me.