can you answer these questions?

im having a time finding out a few facts about my 39 zephyr.can anyone help?<P>* can the dash be unbolted out in order to have it wood grained?<P>* my car doesnt have side mirrors, did they ever come with factory ones, and does anyone know where to start looking?<P>* any ideas on new or recondioned running boards?<P><BR> thanks !!! David

To answer your questions:<BR>1. The dash is welded in so it would be very difficult to remove it for woodgraining. The dash on the 39 was not woodgrained - at least on the sedan or limo that I have.<P>2. I have an original optional peep mirror with the Zephyr tear-drop on the back. This is the only one I have seen.<P>3. I do not know of anyone reproducing the running board cover. If someone else knows, I would appreciate having the information also.<P>Don Elson

and what about the chrome piece at the bottom of the sill (where bottom of door closes? is that available for a 1939 sedan....Mine is very narrow and wonder if that is original style or did it come with a name on it and wider? thanks....MS

HEY LIVINGSTON;<BR>If you look under the dash on either end you will see screw bolt heads that fasten it to both side's, and you must take out the front window moulding and the screws that fasten it to the window sill.No zephyr dashes are welded in to my knowledge.<BR>If you look back a few months on the LOZ message board you will find that there is a person that does wood graining,also ford obsolete sells the running board material.<BR>Hey and besides if it gets to tough for you to restore your Z let me know and I'll buy from you.<P>BILL uhouse

and, Bill, if you don't buy his maybe Rolf will give me permission to sell you mine..Hi, Rolf......Does the Kelly Blue Book list a 1939 LZ....And if I want a 39 3 window coupe can I find a decent one at a fair price or do I have to "cut" my fordor down?....MS...Question is...what are these cars selling for in real life regardless of what anyone is asking!?...thank you

• 2 weeks later...

The best bet is to join the Lincoln Zephyr Owners Club - check out there website too!<BR>The magazine is bi-monthly (a bummer on those off months) but it's packed with cool articles and more importantly classifieds. The club has major events every year with swap meets and shop forumns. If you're going to stay with your Zephyr, it's a must.<P>I'll add my two cents to your questions:<P>Dash - no problem. Unbolt and out it comes!<BR>Mirrors - This months magazine has someone who is selling outside mirrors. Maybe he might have what you're looking for...<BR>Running Board Covers - Someone sells these as well - although I'm not sure what years he reproduces.<P>A subscription to Hemmings is a good deal as well! Good Luck!!