ID part--with 1936 buick parts

rlcokc

These came with the parts for my 36 model 40 and I have no clue what they are. Don't have the robe rail on back seat but these would not appear to be a substitute. Have the assist straps which goes on interior in front of back seat so just don't know how these would be used. The bottom section is threaded so it is adjustable. Anyone know what these are?

IMG_0248.JPG

I have no idea on what car, but the way they work, and the fact that they have adjustable tension...makes me think they hold the front of a convertible roof header, to the top of windshield.

The look leads me to think they could be early cars.  Later 20s to early 30s is a random guess.  I think that is not chrome, but nickel plate, so that could be some help with age.

They resemble 1940s Lincoln Continental trunk lid latches (maybe because I'm restoring one right now), but the Lincoln latches don't have the threaded adjustment, so "F&J" may be right about them being convertible top latches for something. I don't think I have ever seen anything like that on a Buick.

Pete Phillips, BCA #7338

Leonard, TX

Thanks for responses--I thought latches because of movement of the part with hook on end but the hooks don't make any sense-the two at bottom of photo.Always interesting to try and figure out even if never really determine what it is.