Chickasha, OK Pre-War Swap Meet

Pete Phillips

Quite a few Pre-War Buick enthusiasts at the annual Chickasha Meet yesterday. Next year's meet is changing to Friday and Saturday only, not Thursday and Friday as before, in an effort to attract more participation from those who have to work during the week or take off from work.

Pete Phillips

post-77451-0-77369400-1458318622_thumb.j

post-77451-0-61457200-1458318640_thumb.j

• Like 1

Well, let's see (not in any order) there's Randy Dekker, Bill Sullivan, Mark Shaw in that cool 'got buick' hoodie, Larry DiBarry, Terry Wiegand, Larry Schramm, Ben Bruce, Paul Ayres, Chuck Nixon, and Hugh Heidlen.  There are a few others that their names escape me.  And a good time was had by all.

Terry Wiegand

South Hutchinson, Kansas

• Like 2

We've been doing this group photo at the same location, same time, same date for several years now, so most of us know where and when to show up. Terry Wiegand also puts a reminder on this forum a few weeks ahead of time.

Others in the photo: Ben Garland, Mark Shaw, Sandy Rose, John Velde,

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Pete Phillips said:

We've been doing this group photo at the same location, same time, same date for several years now, so most of us know where and when to show up. Terry Wiegand also puts a reminder on this forum a few weeks ahead of time.

Others in the photo: Ben Garland, Mark Shaw, Sandy Rose, John Velde,

Tha's cool!

Swap meet was a success to me, I came home with a `35 Pontiac part, also saw a few `36 Buick items but didn`t need anything for my Buick project. I was standing behind the guy taking the picture, figured you Buick nuts might have ran me out of the building if I tried to get in the picture since I had my Pontiac hat on.. HA!!    Tom Northcutt  Luella, Tx

Heard a lot of talk from the vendors and attendees that moving the meet to Friday and Saturday is going to help a lot with attendance from vendor and attendee standpoint.  When this meet started in 1990 it was a three day meet with Friday being the big day for everybody.  This is still a great meet because a person doesn't have to wade through tons of Camaro and Mustang junk to find the old stuff that they are looking for.  Getting back to the group photo - Gregg Lange was there but he did not get over to the photo op in time.  Lamar, what does the dark circle with the plus sign in it and the numerals 55 stand for in my avatar?  I understand the reason(s) for this software update/upgrade but it sure puts a huge kink in a smooth running operation like we had.  Why can't the IT people who run and monitor this website create and turn loose something against the bastards who created all of the havoc on here that would just lock up their computers permanently - as in a type of self destruct internally type of thing?  I'm told that there is something like that that could be done.

Terry Wiegand

South Hutchinson, Kansas

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Terry Wiegand said:
21 hours ago, Terry Wiegand said:

Lamar, what does the dark circle with the plus sign in it and the numerals 55 stand for in my avatar?  I understand the reason(s) for this software update/upgrade but it sure puts a huge kink in a smooth running operation like we had.  Why can't the IT people who run and monitor this website create and turn loose something against the bastards who created all of the havoc on here that would just lock up their computers permanently - as in a type of self destruct internally type of thing?  I'm told that there is something like that that could be done.

Terry Wiegand

South Hutchinson, Kansas

Terry that number represents your "reputation" and is based on how many posts you have made that have been "Liked". For instance I just clicked the like button on this post and your reputation grew from 56 to 57. However there is no "dislike" button...

If you haven't already, go upstairs to the BCA General Forum and the For Support and you will see some Q&A regarding the new upgrade.

And re "why don't we turn loose something that would just lock up their computers permanently".... do you really want to p*** this guy off. On second thought, you just might. :D

http://cdn.images.express.co.uk/img/dynamic/78/590x/secondary/Kim-Jong-un-North-Korea-219615.jpg

BTW, my Moderator privileges are currently down right now so you be good ya hear!!!

I took a few photos of cars for sale at the meet so I have downloaded a few.  This was my first Chickashe Pre-war and was surprised on the volume of Model T 'stuff'.  Must be a great place to find anything you need for a 'T'.  Lots of Model A stuff also. Nice restorable Lincoln Zephyr V12, nice running light blue 1911 Hudson, and a pair of 1932 Buick headlights and parking lights for only $1000, I shoulda picked them up for spares :D

Chuck

DSC_7272.JPG

DSC_7273.JPG

DSC_7276.JPG

DSC_7286.JPG

DSC_7287.JPG

DSC_7288.JPG

DSC_7290.JPG

DSC_7293.JPG

DSC_7297.JPG

DSC_7299.JPG

DSC_7300.JPG

DSC_7303.JPG

DSC_7305.JPG

DSC_7306.JPG

DSC_7307.JPG

DSC_7308.JPG

DSC_7309.JPG

DSC_7312.JPG

DSC_7314.JPG

DSC_7319.JPG

Edited by chuckfmtexas (see edit history)
  • Like 2

A Northwest member of HCCA & travel buddy bought the 1910 Model 10 Buick for sale outside the big building.  He is a Northwest member of HCCA.  He & I flew back to Seattle on the same plane along with Steve Hammatt (the license plate vendor where the photo was taken). 

This was our first Chickasha meet and we did have a good time. The 3,300 mile trip was a bit much. It was good to connect with my Buick buddies and stop over at Terry W's in Doo Da. 1920s Buick stuff was almost non existent as the only thing I saw was a set of 1926-27 headlights for sport models that are the all nickel plated brass ones. Same condition as all the others I have seen ( the buckets all split up).The vendor was never around to talk to.. The Thursday evening collection tours were the highlight of our trip. Here is a photo of Pete taking the photo posted above of the group.DSCF4962.JPG

9 hours ago, Mark Shaw said:

Dave,

The Buick group was so big he had to back up into the Overdrive booth to get everybody in the photo.

Yeah, I figured as much. Just had to poke my nose in. LOL. ;) 

• Like 1

not advertised but always available is my 21 roadster plus tons of parts......as long as you promise not to put a nailhead in it!!

4 hours ago, MrEarl said:

He he nahhh, just starting to dream a little and wondering what the market is like for them. One has always been in my bucket list, as well as a first gen Riviera. Maybe trade a fitty fo in some day. ;) :)

9 hours ago, MrEarl said:

He he nahhh, just starting to dream a little and wondering what the market is like for them. One has always been in my bucket list, as well as a first gen Riviera. Maybe trade a fitty fo in some day. ;) :)

I think we've had this conversation before!   http://forums.aaca.org/topic/100875-1935-36-buick-what-to-look-for/#comment-439089

And we tried to get you into this PreWar car

http://forums.aaca.org/topic/129551-one-for-mr-earl/#comment-594709

Edited by 50jetback
Add link (see edit history)

On March 27, 2016 at 2:09 PM, tblack said:

not advertised but always available is my 21 roadster plus tons of parts......as long as you promise not to put a nailhead in it!!

How about a trade Tom? 14 54,5,6 parts cars for one 21?:D ;)

On March 27, 2016 at 6:51 PM, 50jetback said:

I think we've had this conversation before!   http://forums.aaca.org/topic/100875-1935-36-buick-what-to-look-for/#comment-439089

And we tried to get you into this PreWar car

http://forums.aaca.org/topic/129551-one-for-mr-earl/#comment-594709

and we'll probably still be having it in another 8 years Stuart. :rolleyes:<_<:(

On 3/29/2016 at 8:37 AM, 50jetback said:

Just bite the bullet  and buy this one

http://www.jamesedition.com/cars/buick/other/mclaughlin-96c-for-sale-1101787

You mean dodge the bullets don't you! I never keep a round in the chamber, always needed at least a couple seconds to explain some of my purchases to Rita. That one would probably get the trigger pulled several times before I could even speak. 

Now this is more my speed but it is a coupe....

http://www.ebay.com/itm/121942904640?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

s-l1600.jpg

6 hours ago, MrEarl said:

You mean dodge the bullets don't you! I never keep a round in the chamber, always needed at least a couple seconds to explain some of my purchases to Rita. That one would probably get the trigger pulled several times before I could even speak. 

Now this is more my speed but it is a coupe....

http://www.ebay.com/itm/121942904640?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

s-l1600.jpg

It's actually a 1927 model - love the passenger door inside winder handle!

Big restoration job and would take a few years of your spare time.

This is one you passed on earlier in the year

http://forums.aaca.org/topic/267737-1928-buick-rodster-for-sale/#comment-1441802

Great car, larger vehicle more suited to taller drivers - the seller had described it as a 20 footer but at $18K ( or maybe less ) that would have been a great opportunity to drive and restore at the same time. Not sure if it sold.   

As for not keeping a round in the chamber - well in this country we have to keep our firearms in an approved firearm storage cabinet and ammunition in a separate storage compartment within the firearm safe. So that means I have plenty of time for explaining purchases while Delys searches for the keys, unlocks the cabinet, then unlocks the ammunition, selects the firearm she intends to use ( would be the D/B shotgun I'm sure ) and then loads it.. If she got as far as getting to the ammunition I would still have time to " hit the toe ".

Who said our firearm laws were stupid!  

Edited by 50jetback (see edit history)
  • Like 1

Stuart:

I communicated with the owner of the 1928 Roadster in California and asked for other photos. None were sent. When I asked about the top he indicated that it was not the correct one. The photo above of the 1927 Master Sport Coupe, as others have said it will be quite a project  But wow, it has wire wheels and sidemounts.

Oops! The big radiator threw me off. I went back and looked at the listing and photos again as it indicates that it is a 28-26S (Standard) The engine photos show a Standard series configuration. Full crowned fenders. 1928 dash layout. The radiator and shell appear to be an earlier (flatter face) from a 1924 or 25 large series. The 26-27 edges were more rounded. The 1925-1927 Standard radiators are shorter with no thru hole for the crank. The 1928 had the crank hole for both series,. The radiator being the same overall size but the large series core being thicker. The headlights are 26 or 27 as the 1928s have the bullet shape. So looks like some mix and not match has taken place. But Dave in D.C. has everything to make it right.

Larry, Thanks for thinking of me. Yes I saw that one on eBay too. It's sold now so no need to torment myself with all the back and forth on whether to buy or not. It sold for $7500 add $1500 for shipping and it would be 9,000 at my door.
My thought was to buy it and sell the wire wheels and side mount fenders and get the car for free or close to it. I have regular fenders, wood wheels, radiator and headlights so I'd be back on the road at an affordable price. But it's all history now. 
Fewff dodged another one.

Dave