Stuck V12 valves

I'm new to the Lincoln scene. My dad sold his store and cleaned out the basement. I inherited his V-12, complete but in pieces and parts. Guess since I started tearing it apart 25 years ago, he thought I must be the one to get it now smile.gif" border="0 <P>This 1947 V12 has not run for 40 years or so. The valves are stuck in the block. Back when I was young and foolish (16), I managed to break one and bend another trying to get them out. That's pretty much when I lost interest in the resto!<P>Any ideas on methods to try?<P>Am I better off (financially) selling a complete V12 or selling the pieces? I salivate somewhat at the thought of getting my hands dirty again and making it run, but then I don't have anything to put it into<BR> frown.gif" border="0 <P>Any advice is appreciated.

Hi, couple of comments, the best loosener I have ever found is diesel fuel, preferably immerse the whole block in the stuff in a suitable container, like a 50 gallon steel drum, and the results are fantastic, can often loosen a froze up engine this way, and it will work to make the valves removable, and not hurt anything, and it cleans the engine really well too, there are some tricks used by the flathead V-8 guys that work well to remove the valve assemblys, and a few special tools available that many swear by, I can offer sources of explicit advice. As to the value, it is worth the most running, not smoking or leaking, with decent oil pressure and not heating up, everything from there down is also downhill in value, good engineless cars are available for reasonable prices, especially postwar sedans, hope that helps, good luck

HI read your discussion on the lincoln engine, the question I have is if it's a complete engine, with all accessories.<BR>Please let me know and I may make you an offer or buy the parts you have left on the engine.<P>Bill Uhouse<BR>Pahrump Nevada