A rather interesting step by step photo frame-off 57 Special Coupe restoration.

buick man

Click on the link below to watch a step by step complete frame-off restoration of a 1957 Buick Special Coupe restoration.  IMO a rather complete and thorough frame-off, demonstrating good tenacity and craftsmanship, however complete factory correctness and approach to factory correct details as far as the primer colors and final finishes of components is concerned is lacking, overall a good watch.  Can anyone comment on their thoughts regarding the treatment of the front end components or another approach or treatment for that matter that would be of any relevant concern ?

I would call it more of a cosmetic make over. It appears they didn't even disassemble the front end suspension. I winced when I pictured sand being blasted into the wheel bearings, rear end, etc etc..........Bob

• Like 1

… don't believe they taped off the rubber suspension parts/mounts as well Bob.  Like the way they lifted the body up.  On a side note - Hope they used the proper upper frame rubber mounts that have the integrated vulcanized metal stop integrated into the mount.  Have seen where there are suppliers out there that do not have this metal vulcanized into the rubber frame mounts.  The lower mount has a metal tube that goes up into the upper rubber mount.  If there is no metal stop, this tube just compacts and goes right into the lower body pan metal.  That is why folks have been complaining no doubt of squeaks and grinds after restorations.