Front Turn Signal Bulbs (front bumper)

What is the bulb number for the front turn signal bulbs that are on the front bumper.  When I do a search at the auto stores, it varies between 1156, 2057, and a couple other minibulbs.  I have my left front turn signal out on the bumper which means it doesn't blink.  I would like to get the bulbs before I tear into the replacement.

The factory parts book is no help, it just lists the long Chrysler part number. The Mitchell manual lists the turn signal bulb as 1156 and the parking lamp bulb as 67.  Wait for someone with either the service manual or the owners manual to chime in to verify.

What is the bulb number for the front turn signal bulbs that are on the front bumper.  When I do a search at the auto stores, it varies between 1156, 2057, and a couple other minibulbs.  I have my left front turn signal out on the bumper which means it doesn't blink.  I would like to get the bulbs before I tear into the replacement.

Here I am chiming in again... The turn signal / parking lamp bulb is indeed the long number in the "book" 9417866, but fortunately the 'little book' that accompanies the TC itself gives us a simpler number = 2057.

So you are correct with that as your choice for turn signal bulb.

Make sure the bulb is actually bad. Something I've been having some "fun" with recently is that my front bumper bulb sockets don't make good contact with the bulb, so sometimes they work, other times they don't. Last night I took them out again (probably the 4th or 5th time now) and used a small flathead screwdriver to pry the contacts so they WILL make contact with the bulb. I'm not ready to call success yet, but so far, so good! I also found that the rear bulb sockets also are kind of strange in the fact that it seems they are designed to dig into the contacts of the bulb. Eventually this seems like vibration causes intermittent contact, so I "scraped" some metal from the untouched part of the bulb contact into the groove made by the connector. Again, so far, so good. Eventually I intend to replace all of this stuff with LED's...

Make sure the bulb is actually bad. Something I've been having some "fun" with recently is that my front bumper bulb sockets don't make good contact with the bulb, so sometimes they work, other times they don't. Last night I took them out again (probably the 4th or 5th time now) and used a small flathead screwdriver to pry the contacts so they WILL make contact with the bulb. I'm not ready to call success yet, but so far, so good! I also found that the rear bulb sockets also are kind of strange in the fact that it seems they are designed to dig into the contacts of the bulb. Eventually this seems like vibration causes intermittent contact, so I "scraped" some metal from the untouched part of the bulb contact into the groove made by the connector. Again, so far, so good. Eventually I intend to replace all of this stuff with LED's...

Reaper, the problem with the rear bulb socket is more often than not the ground circuit. That contact on the side of the bulb base fails and then no matter what you do, it continues to be intermittent.

For the record, the bulb was bad.  HOWEVER...the replacement bulb for the front turn signal and parking lamp is a 1156.  A 2057 bulb as listed in the manual must be incorrect as it will not fit in the socket.  After I got the front lamps out this morning, I had to make a quick trip in my other car to Advance Auto Parts to get the 1156 bulbs...

For the record, the bulb was bad.  HOWEVER...the replacement bulb for the front turn signal and parking lamp is a 1156.  A 2057 bulb as listed in the manual must be incorrect as it will not fit in the socket.  After I got the front lamps out this morning, I had to make a quick trip in my other car to Advance Auto Parts to get the 1156 bulbs...

So you were looking for the single filament bulb apparently. Indeed the owner's manual only shows the double filament bulb #2057 as the Park / Turn Signal bulb.

It is curious that they would design the lamp this way as 1157 / 2057 bulbs are the general rule for Park / Turn Signal Bulbs.

The TC has two bulbs behind the amber lens below the front bumper. The outer is the turn signal bulb, a number 1156 ( single contact), the inner bulb is the parking light, a number 67. The number 2057 bulb ( double contact ), is used in the rear lights as as a combination stop and tail light.

Corrosion is usually the reason the contacts fail. I've found using a small amount of dielectric grease on the contacts helps keep

moisture from forming the corrosion that leads to failure.

The TC has two bulbs behind the amber lens below the front bumper. The outer is the turn signal bulb, a number 1156 ( single contact), the inner bulb is the parking light, a number 67. The number 2057 bulb ( double contact ), is used in the rear lights as as a combination stop and tail light.

Corrosion is usually the reason the contacts fail. I've found using a small amount of dielectric grease on the contacts helps keep

moisture from forming the corrosion that leads to failure.

There you have it, both the Owner's manual and Hemi can be wrong, some times. :o

I keep having to remind myself this is a European car, hence the lighting is a little "strange" because at least the old Euro standard was that basically all the different lights operated mostly separate from each other. In the good ole USA we multi-purpose them...maybe that's some of the confusion in the manuals, too?