Woodgraining

• 4 weeks later...

GOOD ONE ROLF. I WOULD ALSO LIKE TO HAVE THE SAME TYPE OF QUOTE FOR A 39 ZEPHYR 3-WINDOW. AND CAN THE DASH BE UNBOLTED OUT OR IS IT WELDED IN? THANKS. DAVID

It is definitely unboltable in a 1941, because I have acquired a woodgrain vinyl graphic and am getting ready to try to apply it to the stripped and primered dash panel and glove box door in my '41, with some trepidation I admit, paid $55.00 for the decal, and never having tried to stretch it over all the curves and bumps in the dash board, I am a little intimidated for sure. I have a picture of an original '39 dash, would be glad to share it, e-mail me, Rolf

I had a 1941 Continental original Darien Blue color, and the dash was not that bright red color, it was a subdued reddish brown woodgrain, as best I can remember, any one else remember them??

The photos are real red, But it is a reddish brown Mahogany Finish. These photos are not very accurate for color. l3.jpg <BR>Colors/Shades varied from car to car<BR>in most cases, depending on th woodgrainers style. Some "printed" heavy and other very <BR>light, changing the colors quite a bit.<BR>It was not like the automated stuff today.<BR>Many times the Red Primer was printed<BR>with the pattern. That is why there are so many Red Burls and Red Straight grain woodgrains around. :-) Many times over the years the Lacquers soaked up dirt and change<BR>colors drastically some turning very yellow, turning the woodgrain greenish<BR>And others going almost black as seen in this photo. nulloldcolors.jpg <BR>I wiped This garnish down to see the real Base color...<BR>If any one has original photos of any cars I like To see them<BR>I'm starting an Archive of woodgrain photos.<BR>Take care Jdee

• 1 month later...