Sign in to follow this  
delson

Vibration Damper

I am confused as to the correct type of vib. damp. for a '39 Lincoln Zephyr. I have been told that it should have the square flywheels, yet the owners manual and the 36-39 Chassis Parts List show the tappered type. Which is the correct vib. damp.? I believe there was an article in The Way of the Zephyr on restoring the vib. damp. but I can not find it. I would appreciate the issure reference or any other information on restoring the vib. damp. Thanks confused.gif" border="0

Good news! The way of the Zephyr Maz. (TWOTZ). dated April-May 1984 Vol. 17, #2 shows how to remove the Damper,Also TWOTZ maz. dated June-July 1974, Vol 7, #3 has infomation on re-working the Vibration Damper. I hope this will help you keep the <BR>V-12 working smooth. Willie cool.gif" border="0

Willie: Thanks for the references. I found both articles. The vib. damp. has been cleaned, painted and is ready to put back together. I found that sometimes it would help to have three hands.<P>After a couple of phone calls, I have concluded that the square-edge flywheel model is correct for the '39. All that is left is to exchange the correct and restored one for the one currently on the car. Easier said than done.<P>Don