Identify Piston Rings

Looking at the Piston ring chart for Lincolns, I don't see any numbers ending with "AR" I have a listing for "A2", This is for a (96H 6149-A2) Class is standard, Expander, Bore for 1936 to 1939 is 2-3/4".<BR>26H 6149-A2 number "A2" bore for 1940-42, 46-48 is 2-15/16. I hope this will help. My referance is the "Lincoln Chassis Parts Catalogue". cool.gif" border="0

Hi Steel, I don't have a Lincoln parts book, but 6149S is the Ford number for a steel-section piston ring set. The HS designation I suspect, but do not know for sure, would be a re-ring set for a '36-'37 engine. If I am correct, these rings are used when the bores are in tolerance and a re-bore is not necessary. Maybe someone with a parts book can add to or correct this, good luck

Hi, yes the AR part went right on by me too, I don't know what that means. I guessed '36 and '37, because the designation was just H rather than 86H, 96H, 06H, 16H, 26H, or 56 to 76 H, that is the way they designated the year of the cars, and the same part took on a later prefix, and H was all that designated '36 and '37, used to work with an old Lincoln Mercury Parts man, but he passed on some time ago, so until an expert appears, we are stuck with guessing, I guess, only thing a person could do is put a compression ring in the bore and measure the end gap with a feeler gauge, that would tell if the rings were right for a specific engine, I guess