Air filter

I need an air filter for my 48 continental.I have the pipe but I need the can Please email me at scottokeefe@hotmail Thanks

is the continental air cleaner the same as the lincoln for 48? if so I have a perfect one that came off my convertible coupe.<BR>I am converting it over to a elderbrock twin 2 intake.

It is if it breathes from the top of the filter can and goes over to the carb by an aluminum cast tube. In your car I assume you have more head room and you can put on a large filter on top of the carbs .I have a two carb manifold but I'm trying to keep a stock look . Thank you

• 1 month later...

hi scott. I thought you were looking for a stock air filter. I am going to use a elderbrock twin 2 bbl intake with a pair of stromberg 97s and I got a pair of chrome air cleaners with paper elements from vintage ford in rancho cordova. also my intake is tapped in the front to run tubes to the intake in front of each carb for crankcase evacuation, but will need a pair of pcv valve of a 2-2.5 liter motor to make it work right without sucking up oil.

I'm looking for a stock air filter for the Continental. The filter sits along the driver's side with an aluminum tube connecting them . This is found only on 42 to 48 Continentals. Thanks