48 Lincoln coupe convertible

Hello everyone. I am restoring a 48 coupe convertible and am looking for anyone who has one restored that would be willing to send me some pics. If anyone can help I will supply the camera and compensate you for your time. so far the people in the LZOC I have contacted are not helping and I am running out of time as my car will be out of the paint shop the end of june. Thanks for any help. I also have some extra parts that I would be willing to trade for the pics.<BR>Thanks.... Jack

Hi Jack, seems strange that you can't get the information you need with all of the postwar cars that proliferate on this forum, I am sure any specific question about any aspect of a restoration would get a qualified response, perhaps you should just explain what you need to know. I just looked through all my Lincoln pictures and they are predominately pre-war, but many of the processes are the same. I would encourage you to ask for the info you need.

What I am looking for is pictures of the inside of the convertible top ( bows rear window etc.) interior pictures and anyplace that the top meets the body of the car also some shots of one with the top down and the boot in place and where the boot attaches. the convertible coupe doesnt share a whole lot with the continental conv. that is why I am looking for pics of the coupe conv.<BR>Thanks for your help. Jack

Hi again Jack, I thought I remembered a very good article on post-war convrtibles in TWOZ, and it is in the Mar.-Apr. 2000 issue, it doesn't show the views that you need, but is a good article, there is also a shot of an unrestored '42 that might give some help in the Mar-Apr 1999 issue, looks like member Al Mc Wade in Massachusetts has exactly the '48 you are building, complete with pace-car yellow paint, I have a 1941 ad with a artists conception of a top down '41 Conv. with boot in place, but doubt it shows what you need, but if it would help, send me your e-mail to rolf@sasquatch.com and I will shoot it on to you Take care

Hi Rolf. my email is pandamarie@jps.net.<BR>I have contacted MR. McWade a few times but have never recieved anything. most Lincoln people are more than willing to go out of their way to help, unlike people in the Packard club. but when it comes to getting some photos to help with a resotation it seems nobody wants anouther car like thiers restored because it might bring the value of thier car down. I sure hope thats not the case in the LZOC. thats the reason I dropped out of the packard club and am going to hot rod the packard.

I have some info. on the removing & replacing<BR>the top on your Lincoln. In the "Lincoln Zephyr Owners Club Maz. "The Way of the Zephyr" dated Feb. -March 1979, Vol 12 No. 1.<BR>I can make a copy of the info. and Email it to you. It's a three page write up. The main info. is how to remove & replace the rag-top. The writer of this is Paul Clancy. Let me know if you have an interest. cool.gif" border="0

HI Willie. aftrer looking through all the books I have none of them have any detailed info on the top. I would really appriciate a copy of the artical you have. my email is pandamarie@jps.net if you can send it email if not please write me and I will give you my address. Thank You. Jack

• 3 weeks later...