1929 Model 75 Roadster recommissioning.

It was sad day here at the shop we said goodbye to the Model 75 project. We started the mechanical and drivetrain restoration on the car in October. Our head Mechanic Lance was able to log 350 miles on the car before the car headed home. We were tasked with prepping the car for the MIllia Miglia later this year. The engine rebuild with the high compression Red Head produced 76.6 hp on the engine dyno. New springs and a few other Parts were made for the car.
The car does have a few items that are not exactly stock we added the additional head light to the front spreader bar in order to aid the dusk and dawn driving. as well as a tack to monitor the engine rpms. 

I would like to thank the group of Chrysler enthusiast on here and elsewhere that made it possible for us to locate the parts and the correct information for the car, without their knowledge and parts collections we would have had a longer uphill battle on getting the car completed. Thank you!

DSC06233

DSC06232

DSC06230

DSC06228

DSC06229

DSC06221

DSC06224

DSC06210

DSC06208

DSC06205

DSC06194

DSC06188

DSC06187

DSC06186

Where did you find the differential cover? I need to find another myslef.

Also, where did you find the shifter/brake cover? and the rubber matting?

When you tes ran - what kind of top speed? and what was the rpm?

Awesome car.

Please let us know how it did on the race.

Tom

Where did you find the differential cover? I need to find another myslef.

Also, where did you find the shifter/brake cover? and the rubber matting?

When you tes ran - what kind of top speed? and what was the rpm?

Awesome car.

Please let us know how it did on the race.

Tom

The differential cover was o the car. the rubber matting came from restoration supply in Arizona.

The shifter / brake cover as well as the pedal cove came from Steel rubber products. The parts looked great but after test fitting them we did have to enlarge the holes and elongate a few others to get it to fit correctly.

The top speed was 72mph the car runs comfortable at 55mph. Due to a wiring mishap the tac is currently out for service  and i couldn't give you an exact rpms but at 55mph it doesn't feel like the motor is over working itself. When the roadster first came in we couldn't maintain 40mph in the car, and nor would you want too with the worn out suspension at that time.

• 1 month later...
Guest Cachorro
On 11/3/2016 at 1:58 PM, keiser31 said:

La designación del modelo dijo a la velocidad del coche. el Modelo 75 haría inicialmente 75 MPH. El Modelo 66 haría 66 kilómetros por hora y así sucesivamente ....

75/66/65 had understood that concerned the engine horsepower ...
I can not understand the difference between one mhp between 66 and 65 ? 

15 minutes ago, Cachorro said:

75/66/65 had understood that concerned the engine horsepower ...
I can not understand the difference between one mhp between 66 and 65 ? 

Since they both had the same cubic inch engine, I imagine in this instance it had to do with them being a year difference in production. 1929 Model 65 and 1930 Model 66.