"Paste Special"

JanK

Peter,<P>Thanks for the advice you gave me at the Website seminar. I just used the "paste special" to cut and paste some text between Publisher and Front Page, and the fonts didn't jump like they had before. Something so easy, yet I hadn't known about that feature before. smile.gif" border="0 <P>Jan K.<BR>Wis Region

Interesting, I thought you were at that seminar. wink.gif" border="0 <P>Here's the situation: On a few occasions I cut and pasted some text from a Word document to the website. Later, when I looked at the page, I noticed that the text didn't always appear in the template font, and sometimes the font size shifted. I couldn't figure out why this was happening, and more importantly, how to fix it. Peter told me not to "cut and paste" but to "cut and paste special" instead. By that, he meant to choose the Edit/Paste Special menu choice, and then select "normal" from the choices available. This tells the program to ignore the original text font/size and use the website text font/size instead. All I know is that it works!<P>If you want to see several bad examples of this problem, take a look at the Beam Excerpts page on our website -- <A HREF="http://www.aaca.org/wisconsin." TARGET=_blank>www.aaca.org/wisconsin.</A> I don't have time to clean up the old stuff just yet, but I can make sure the new additions are clean from here on out.<P>Just something to keep in mind as you begin to set up your website.<P>Jan K.<BR>Wis Region<P>P.S. I'm not afraid to expose my warts if it helps someone else out!

Yes, Jan, I was at that seminar but I have two reasons for my post. First, I've never worked with my own website so much of what you talked about was Greek to me. This way, I'll have a printed copy to work with instead of relying on my feeble memory. rolleyes.gif" border="0 <P>Second, there are many other webmasters who weren't there and are happy to learn this little trick. wink.gif" border="0

I suspected that others might also benefit from this trick. (I can't be the only one on this end of the FrontPage learning curve.) That's why I posted my successful execution in the Editor section instead of emailing Peter personally. wink.gif" border="0 <P>Jan K.<BR>Wis Region