Web Ad ?

24T42

In another post, it was mention that a Region considered posting show sponsors on their web page. I did a spot check and found several web pages doing this. All show information is listed including a list of sponsors. My question and concerns are - how does this fit in with the AACA's policy of disassociating from businesses and charities? <P>This subject has always been a gray area for me. Please help me to understand what is allowed with ads, sponsors, etc. both written and web. Thanks in advance.<P>24T42<BR> wink.gif" border="0

• 3 weeks later...

Hey 24, (I hope it's OK to use your first name) Our Region ran into this problem a few years ago in putting on a show for the local Senior Citizens organization. We were to advertise it as "Presented by the Schoharie Valley Region, A.A.C.A." when one of our members pointed out that the AACA Bylaws said that we couldn't.<P>Our President contacted Bill Smith at National Headquarters for a ruling. The interpretation we received was that AACA didn't want any advertising to insinuate that any show was sponsored by AACA. At that time, we were assured that we could advertise the show as being presented by our Region.<P>I don't know if this is the current interpretation, but I would urge you to contact Bill Smith at HQ and find out firsthand.<P>I do wish that, one of these days, the National Board of Directors would address and clarify this issue. It would sure make things easier for all of us! confused.gif" border="0