Buick And Sherwood Bathtub to Allentown?

Dandy Dave

Wondering if there would be a place to set up what we think is a Buick and Sherwood Bathtub at Allentown? It needs to be by a water supply if I bring the 1909 IHC engine and pump with it. Just a water hose that has water all the time to refill the water that evaporates on a hot day. It is only like a gallon or two an hour plus around 10 gallons to initially fill. I'm getting to old to lug water in 5 gallon pails car across a parking lot on a hot July day so that is out of the question. Also, Best if it is near my 1915 Buick so I can be by both. The tub on grass is best. It's a bit of a Rube Goldberg but always draws a Crowd. If water is not available, I could bring just the Tub for a conversation piece. Then we can debate if it truly is the oldest Pre War Buick Around. Thoughts? Dandy Dave!  

Edited by Dandy Dave (see edit history)

Ahh yes, Register it as a Buick. :lol:  The Tub is pre Porcelain and looks like this one pictured on the top left of the link posted. Sheet metal on the outside, Cast Iron legs as pictured. Wooden rim around the out side. Thin Copper on the inside. Yep. I do believe it is the Oldest Pre War Buick in existence. If you folks want to see it and have a location that will work I'll bring it and we will have some fun with it. But let it be known, I aint paying no Registration fee on a rusty old bath tub. ;) It will be an honer for the BCA to just have it there.  :D  Dandy Dave!     

https://books.google.com/books?id=luEMc_r8iwoC&pg=PA39&dq=Buick+and+Sherwood+Plumbing+Supply.&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwi1uObp4q7LAhXBdT4KHXUNBgEQ6AEINDAA#v=onepage&q=Buick%20and%20Sherwood%20Plumbing%20Supply.&f=false

• Like 1

Daahhoooo. There goes all the fun. I suppose I'll need to leave my Flippers, Diving Googles, and Snorkel home also. Ththththththththththth...  :blink:  :P . Bathtub Demonstrations, 1:00 PM Saturday Afternoon.  ;)  Dandy Dave! 

Only as long as there are no speedo's involved.

Now, Lamar, look what you went and done - you took all the fun out of things.  Dandy in his Speedo in a Buick bathtub - now there's a sight guaranteed to put the fun back in a meet regardless of where it's parked!  I can just close my eyes and almost visualize that -  wooohooo!

Terry Wiegand

Doo Dah America

• Like 1

Sounds about right. Doing some further research with Buickevin. We have determined that it is Not a Buick and Sherwood but matches a Booth's. Seems Clarence H. Booth was into everything in the Detroit and Flint area. Was once the Assistant General Manager for Studebaker Corporation. Also connected with the Scripps- Booth automobile that was sold to GM in 1916, and also Booth Publishing. Dandy Dave! 

Look Here.. https://books.google.com/books?id=tWc3AQAAMAAJ&pg=PA795&lpg=PA795&dq=booths+steel+bath+mfg+company,+detroit,+mich.&source=bl&ots=B1-RTkCm1X&sig=Wqk9nnJPbhZr6jt9AgJBm4iVPD4&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwipwYuakbHLAhUMNiYKHfHOD8EQ6AEIMTAB#v=onepage&q=booths%20steel%20bath%20mfg%20company%2C%20detroit%2C%20mich.&f=false

https://books.google.com/books?id=PR5aAAAAYAAJ&pg=RA3-PA9&dq=Clarence+H.+Booth&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjSnpGik7HLAhXM7yYKHWxtCRMQ6AEIHTAA#v=onepage&q=Clarence%20H.%20Booth&f=false

Actually those Buick tubs were a commercial failure. They leaked. Something about they all had 3 holes in the sides, 4 in the deluxe models.

Well, It is not Buick but related to GM and Studebaker. If the Buick guys still want to see it, I'll consider bringing it. If not, It will be less work for me if I just leave it in the shed. Dandy Dave! 

Probably should start a thread called "Bathtubs on Wheels." Might just as well put Scallops on the rims Dale. :D  Dandy Dave!  

This is an EXAMPLE of WHY I like this site, it's so informative, NOW you did it, I want to add SCALLOPS.

This info is surely going to go down as the most informative story of the year, don't you think?  Maybe,

Dale in Indy

• Like 1