1948 Plymouth Deluxe Coupe

Guest cwaz

Anyone have inforation on locating a Rear Seat Panel and Compartment pan Old Mopar Number 23-34-30 for a restoration project.  I have not been lucky finding a source

Rear Pan.pdf

any help is greatly Appreciated. 

thanks

Cwaz

Guys-

Can you tell me did Plymouths have 'Fluid Drive' in the early forties like Chrysler and Dodge? (and I'm not sure about Dodge.) Or did they have 'just plain' manual shift?

Thanks!

Guest Tribute03

You might want to contact Leon's Auto Parts Leon Virginia. He has a number of cars back to 1938. Not sure, but it may be worth a call. 540 547 2366. 

Your 23-34-30 number is actually a "part type code" which tells you where in the part number tables to look up the actual part number. For '46 though '48 Plymouth P15 models the part numbers are:

944173 for 2 door and 4 door sedans (looks like the '42 P14 sedans used that same number too).

948878 for coupes (and again the '42 coupes used that same number).

The website at http://www.p15-d24.com/is going to be one of your best resources. It is possible that "the Plymouth Doctor" (Wayne Brandon) will be one of your better bets on getting reproduction sheet metal. Though if you search the forum at the P15-D24 site you may find others have different opinions.

Edited by ply33 (see edit history)

Guys-

Can you tell me did Plymouths have 'Fluid Drive' in the early forties like Chrysler and Dodge? (and I'm not sure about Dodge.) Or did they have 'just plain' manual shift?

Thanks!

No fluid drive on Plymouths at least through '48.