Roj

Lexington Automobile parts

Recommended Posts

Looking for Lexington parts, headlights, front emblem, radiator cap, or anything anyone might have. I have started the process of restoring a 1917 Lexington in pretty rough shape, but it's a process and I want to get it back on the road.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No, don't be bitter because you can sell your part for a year because it is priced to high. It's ok if you are in LA LA land, just don't expect people to pay for it. From this forum I have bought 1931 Buick $20,000, 1930 Buick $13,500, Lexington $1500 and didn't argue once on an accurately priced car or part. Good luck in La La land. I hear it's free.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

good luck with the Lexington. a friend sold a  22 or 23 Lexington a few years back but that is of little help. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I may have the wheel you need that was missing. Measure it up . See if there is a name and size stamped on the fellow band.  Mike

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎3‎/‎19‎/‎2016 at 7:56 PM, mikewest said:

I may have the wheel you need that was missing. Measure it up . See if there is a name and size stamped on the fellow band.  Mike

Mike, 

 

What do you have, I don't see a stamp on the band or the wheels, but they are pretty rusted up.  Could you send a picture of what you have, obviously I would be interested in it.  It would be nice to have a car with 4 wheels.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ill send some pics next week when I get to where the wheels are at. I looked at the car when for sale and thought to my self that at least I would have the missing wheel.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, mikewest said:

Ill send some pics next week when I get to where the wheels are at. I looked at the car when for sale and thought to my self that at least I would have the missing wheel.

Appreciate it, I am going to need some help on it, but it has pretty good bones and needs to be preserved.  I'm from Indiana, and was excited to get it back here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/18/2016 at 2:08 PM, Roj said:

No, don't be bitter because you can sell your part for a year because it is priced to high. It's ok if you are in LA LA land, just don't expect people to pay for it. From this forum I have bought 1931 Buick $20,000, 1930 Buick $13,500, Lexington $1500 and didn't argue once on an accurately priced car or part. Good luck in La La land. I hear it's free.

Not bitter...I sold the door for the same car on here for 500.00 and the guy never tried to haggle on price....don't go posting your unnecessary comments on some elses for sale threads......You seem to want everything for little or nothing.....I could care less what you paid for your cars.....Go troll somewhere else

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, mikewest said:

Yes the car was a bargain.

 

 

Thank you, it's a fun project, and I'm happy to have it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, bbrroowwnn said:

Not bitter...I sold the door for the same car on here for 500.00 and the guy never tried to haggle on price....don't go posting your unnecessary comments on some elses for sale threads......You seem to want everything for little or nothing.....I could care less what you paid for your cars.....Go troll somewhere else

 

Is this kind of rederick necessary. Personal conflicts should remain just that, personal! 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hope I am not adding fuel to the fire but here is my 2 cent's worth. In my experience parts for cars of this period ; and orphans like Lexington in particular, often sell very inexpensively.

 The parts are probably quite rare , but even more rare is someone taking on what has to be a money loosing restoration project. How many of these cars are currently being restored ? Almost certainly less than say a dozen. And how many of those need a certain part? Possibly only one or two. It is then an interested buyer that is the rarest part of the potential transaction.  I have  bought quite a few extremely rare parts over the years , but generally for quite reasonable prices because there is only a tiny number of people who actually need the given part.

  Its great that you were able to sell your door for a very strong price. The buyer obviously needed it in a big way. But in my experience high $ sales on obscure parts are the exception.

Greg in Canada

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I agree, this is a car that was left for dead, I'm from 1/2 from where it was produced and I wanted it.  Will I be upside down on it after I restore it.  Honestly I don't care, I want to do it and want to save the car, so all I am doing is asking guys for parts and help.  I don't expect anything for free, and hope I can find all the parts I need to get it going again.  Any help is appreciated!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The wheel and rim listing I have for Lexington show 32 x 4 Goodyear "B" {my quotes} for 1917. 34  x 4 Goodrich No. 9 for 1918 , 34 x 4 Goodrich  No. 8 for  1919, And Kelsey after that. 

In my experience both Goodyear and Goodrich rims , fellows and hardware are scarce. The 32 x4 Goodyear's seem to be only used on your 1917 Lexington and 1916,17 and 18 Velie's. The slightly newer Goodrich's  are Lexington, Cole and Stearn's  only. Any of them will probably be somewhat hard to find.  If you want I can scan the catalog illustrations for the rim and wedges, they might help when looking at unidentified rims.

 

Greg in Canada

Edited by 1912Staver (see edit history)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That's a 24 inch wheel rim size. Im sure I have the wheel you need in excellent(maybe NOS condition) Ill get you some pictures soon. Im not home at this time. Mike

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have a small collection of Lexington Sales brochures. I dont think they are that useful for mechanical knowledge, but they have some good pictures. I dont know if that would be something of interest to you.

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎3‎/‎24‎/‎2016 at 11:27 AM, Linus Tremaine said:

I have a small collection of Lexington Sales brochures. I dont think they are that useful for mechanical knowledge, but they have some good pictures. I dont know if that would be something of interest to you.

 

 

Yes I would be interested in it.  My email is rroberts@aircommfg.com

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎3‎/‎21‎/‎2016 at 10:14 AM, mikewest said:

Ill send some pics next week when I get to where the wheels are at. I looked at the car when for sale and thought to my self that at least I would have the missing wheel.

 

Have you had a chance to get to the wheels?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎4‎/‎1‎/‎2016 at 9:29 AM, mikewest said:

Yes Ill send today Please tell me your regular email .Mike

Mike,

 

Ever get those pictures together??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎4‎/‎1‎/‎2016 at 9:29 AM, mikewest said:

Yes Ill send today Please tell me your regular email .Mike

 

Mike did you ever find pictures of those wheels???

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Roj, I've been been following your progress (or lack of) and wish you all the luck with this rare auto. It seems others here are familiar with this particular car but I am not. Would you be kind enough to post an image or two of it?

Best,

            Greg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...