remove dashboard

Schmiddy

Hi

I need some help to remove the dashboard from my 65 Riv. I could remove everything quite well but the dashboard still rebel :(  :blink: .
Is there any special things to remove first, hidden screws or anything to know for the remove?

Thank very much for helping me with further informations!

Greetings from Switzerland  :)

post-147663-0-86784700-1456424601_thumb.

post-147663-0-90877800-1456424616_thumb.

Edited by R-IC (see edit history)

It looks like your dash pad is still in place.  There are screws just below the leading edge of the pad that are easy to remove.  Once all screws are removed, slide it forward to release the anchors just below the windshield.  Do not try and lift it up until the anchors are clear of the brackets.  

Are you refering to the gauges or the dash pad on top??  The dash pad you need to remove the Apillar trim pieces and there are four screws along the lower edge.  Slide it back and then rotate up, the speaker is attached so make sure you disconnect that electrically.

If you mean the gauges, there are screws behind the lower black trim.  That trim is held on by nuts accessible from the backside.  And there are screws along the top.  You will want to remove the trim from around the steering column to be able to slide it rearward.

I did exactly that last weekend - my interior is at the same stage of disassembly. The trick is as Pat said - remove the screws at the front and pull it toward you rather than upwards. It is held in by two sprung wire loops that stop it moving upwards but allow it to move forward once the screws are out. I had the manual and still didn't really understand it until it moved by accident. The manual shows an exploded view but it doesn't necessarily convey what's holding it in. 

PS I found the gauge cluster comes out a lot easier once you drop the column - put a box or something under the column until you are ready to take it out.

Edited by Mozzie (see edit history)

The dash pad is not connected to the A-pillar covers. Once all the screws along the underside of the front dash pad lip are removed, remove the panel above the radio to give you a solid grip of the dash pad and pull towards the rear of the car as shown in this picture. The speaker needs to be disconnected as mentioned in an earlier post.

post-93379-0-28937900-1456531905_thumb.j

Hi you all!

Thank you guys so much for all these precious informations! I'll try that and I'm pretty sure that I will get it out quite easily!

@ Alini:  Just the gauges... I don't want to remove the dash pad on top - if possible. 

A nice sunday 2U all! :-)

• 2 months later...

Yesterday I gave a new try on it but I'm still in big trouble with my dashboard who doesn't want to come out!
I was 3 hours laying under the steering wheel or somehow in back breaking positions to try to take that ****biiiip***** Dashbord out, but no way! :wacko:

I also put the tilt column down as much as I could, build out the dash pad on top to have a better look inside, but it seems that the dashboard can't go over the ring behind the steering wheel because on top there is this this metal dash holder which I can't build of...

Maybe you guys could me give some more advice if I post few pics...

Thank you so much for helping me! :)

This is the view on the back of the dashboard thru the front window (where the dash pad was mounted)
IMG_7627.jpg

I can't bring the dashboard over this ring just behind the steering wheel... (I tried to build off the structured tube on the top of the tilt column to have more space, but this, I couldn't build off nether...)

IMG_7629.jpg IMG_7625.jpg

The dashboard can't pass toward also because of this top bar wich is the dash holder 

IMG_7628.jpg

View from under the tilt coulumn
IMG_7652.jpg