Buicknutty

1968 Buick Wildcat convert parts

As work is progressing on the '68 Wildcat convert (2 door, of course) there are a few things that we need.

Sheet Metal  - Right side door (pass. side), either a coupe or a convert door will work, also I believe that LeSabre uses the same door.

Mainly rust and damage free, please.

- Left side front fender. Dimensionally, other series will fit, but the openings for the side trim are different, so I'd really like a

Wildcat fender. The one from the car is quite rusty, and was fixed at some time in the previous century, so a rust free replacement,

or nearly so is needed. Either a 2 door or a 4 door fender will work.

Trim,              - The Wildcat "grilles" which fit into the lower part of the front fenders, back of the wheel well. Good to excellent condition, please.

As mentioned, the car is a 1968 Wildcat, and I do not know if some of the sheet metal is the same as a '67?

We are located in Canada, so we may have to work out some kind of shipping to a US location, if it is too far to drive in a day.

Please let me know if you have any of this stuff taking up space in your garage.

Thank you for looking!

Keith

Edited by Buicknutty (see edit history)

What condition is the sheet metal in. the car looks a bit rusty? I need a right side door, and will the Electra door be the same a a Wildcat? I think so, but I do not have an interchange, or parts book for the car. Also, the left front fender is the same size, but the cut outs are different. It is the lowerpart, behind the wheel well that is very bad, and is a typical place for them to rust out. If it is was good in that area, I would consider buying it and grafting on to the other.

What condition is the distributor in? Is it from a high mileage engine? Are the bushings good in it?

Also, where are you and/or the car located?

Thanks for your link.

Keith

distributor broke on me pulling it out. all i wanted was the drive gear. i think i have one from a 67 in my garage along with the intake

i assume engine is siezed but have not tried its a 430

fender if i recall has rust under the trim

car i think was low miles

i do not know if parts will interchange but i figure id let you know about the car and maybe you can ask around

i think there is some rust on the rear of the door as seen in the picture

im in goldsboro north carolina

It depends on how extensive the door rust is. The one from our car didn't look to bad, then as I was cleaning it up most of the door bottom disintergrated, but it is a Canadian car (with all the rust prove it!). If the door skin just needs a small patch, that would be fine, but I don't want one that will need much work. Price?

The engine and trans are both good in the Wildcat. The distributor I want for my '69 Electra. That car is a very nice original Califorina car, and runs decent but it has a 30 or 40 year old aftermarket electronic ingition installed on it, which I'm not sure I trust (longer story) and it appears that the distributor was modified somewhat when it was installed, so that's the reason for wanting the distributor. The '69 has the stock 430 in it. What kind of money do you want for it?

Keith

i did find one distributor so far it has part number 1112541v 3k3 stamped on it. its been on my shelf for years. its a points distributor. needs a good cleaning  ill have to look for the others.  i think this maybe a 455 dist but i recall seeing they are the same. ill go thursday to the boneyard and look at the door and get a few extra pictures. at the meantime find out if the doors are compatiable

Edited by garyd75 (see edit history)

can you post a picture of how bad the door is so i can compare it to the one here.  do you have a american address to ship to?

as far as the distibutor, make me an offer. if you dont get the door, i can box it by its self. if you do ill stuff it inside the door

Sorry for the delay, we had a death in the family earlier in the week, and life has been a chaotic, needless to say.

As far as the door on our Wildcat is concerned, most of the bottom seam is split, and there is at least one old patch maybe about 6X6 on the outer skin. I will try to see if I can get a few pictures of it. Do you have any more pictures of the door from the junker?

Keith

no

did not go out there again. i am going to try fri if i can squeeze in a few minutes of breathing room

if door is good, im pretty sure i can get it for around 60$. i can leave the glass and guts in it

if it good, i can ship greyhound you would have to pick it up at the station though

just as a rough idea on shipping, i shipped a 73 electra rear door stripped a few years ago for 75 $ to Massachusetts

Thanks, for the info. We have Greyhound bus lines in here, will they bring it into Canada? I can pick it up, no problem. I used to send and pick up at the bus depot for the company from time to time. It would be worth whatever the extra cost to bring it to Canada, compared to the costs of driving to the US to get it. If you are confident that the distributor is good, I would buy it too.

I will PM you as well.

Keith